|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> New problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
mikemc53

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/22/20 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, got the starting issue fixed, and thanks to all here who offered help and suggestions. Now to a less critical but still annoying issue.

To work on the starter we had to raise the unit of on the front levelers. Once retracted they still say that the jacks are down (Power Gear Manual Leveling System). This has happened occasionally in the past and always straightened out after a little drive. I am guessing low reservoir fluid is the main culprit but I have two issue yet. Don't know where the reservoir is and I also don't know where the fuse for the system is. I have looked in the owners manual (2004 Holiday Ramble Vacationer 37 PCT) but the fuse diagrams do not show the leveling system or location of the reservoir.

Thoughts?

2004 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 37PCT

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/20 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have someone run the jacks while you listen for the hydraulic pump. The reservoir is attached to it in many jack systems. The fill on mine if the vent cap that unscrews.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Flute Man

Payson, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/20 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I deleted the post because my voice was not interpreted properly. Also edit was giving me Fits.

When in re-tract Mode place a board like a 2 x 6 on edge and pry each foot up. One of them may just be off a little. You might also lubricate the ram when it is down.

Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/20 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok first VISUALLY inspect the jacks to insure no SLIVER is showing above the pads. (If there is hit the RETRACT ALL again and if it still shows take another jack (like a bottle jack) Center under pad and lift a bit and hit all retract.

If that does not do it or of no silver showing you got to find the tank, and the tank is.. Connected to the pump.. So have parther operate jacks while you do the walk around and use the ears to locate pump

Workhorse Custom Chassis it was front and center under hood behind .. well there is no bumper but that's what it's behind.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 10:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On this MH, the pump and reservoir is curbside up front, access is thru the wheel well , I think they mounting is a Fleetwood thing, but who knows, maybe yours is also there

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 07:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It sounds to me that your jacks are retracting all the way but your lights on your dash does not show that because they are still lit. Is that correct? If so I would look for a switch that controls the light. On mine it is a mercury switch mounted to the top of the jack itself and every once and a while I have to clean the ground to get it to go off. The ground is a wire with a terminal grounded by a small machine bolt.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> New problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.