|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> When a sale is not a sale

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
twodownzero

NM

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/20 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Scottiemom wrote:

He is dealing with a credit union who doesn't wire money, but they handle this like a home closing and would give me a bank check from the credit union.
Every credit union will make a wire transfer. Buyer wants to present a fake check after he walks out of the credit union.

At this point I would not even take cash unless I saw the credit union teller produce the cash myself.

YEP!

This is the mother of all scams.

lap527

Ocala, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/20 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The whole deal sounds way to complicated and too much in his favor. If he wants it bad enough or on the up and up he will figure it out. In the meantime, like others have said tell him to pound sand. I'd go and list it and if it sells it sells. As you said you haven't listed it yet and in no big hurry. Time is on your side. Besides after all, the RV market is hot due to the virus and nobody wanting to stay in hotels. Good Luck!

2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/20 05:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

This sounds like a scam to me.

Run away to sell another day!

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/20 05:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

no wire transfer BIG RED FLAG> run.

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/20 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, with regard to the wire transfer. . . I called the credit union and was told they do indeed wire funds. Later in the day the credit union person handling the loan called me and she told me they don't wire funds. I told her I had called them that morning and was told they do. She said no and that I would be getting a credit union check paid from the loan proceeds.

I called my niece who is VP of a credit union in another state and she said if the check was from the credit union itself I would have nothing to worry about. It's not a check of any kind coming from the potential buyer. He is borrowing money for the purchase and the credit union would be giving me the check. It would be handled much like a closing on a house only on a smaller scale.

Thank you for your kind comments on my loss. It happened all so suddenly and unexpectedly. We were in Virginia visiting our daughter. While I don't hook up the toad, I was the only driver of our bus. I do know how to hook up, but my arthritic hands don't work well. The campground owner assisted me with the hookup in Virginia and I made reservations for pull through sites on the way back to Florida, so I didn't have to unhook till I got home and my neighbors were able to help me. God bless my neighbors.

It took me three weeks to get the motorhome cleaned out, then I moved it so I could have it washed top to bottom and have the carpets cleaned. Today I moved her back under my port right outside my door. I do hope to find her a good home.

I'm listening to all your advice because I certainly do not want to become a victim in all this. Thank you all for your responses.

Dale

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Nv Guy

Reno NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/03/20 07:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am sorry to hear of your loss and having to deal with all of this.
This person is an uncommitted buyer. He "thinks" he wants to buy a motorhome, but he can't bring himself to complete the process. Hence the 5 other coaches he has had inspected & all the issues he came up with your delivery. In short a perpetual shopper.
Walk away as there will be some sort of "issue" at the credit union and he wont complete the loan.
I would try to find a dealer that would sell the coach on consignment, you will get less, but you won't have to deal with all the issues that large transactions like this bring.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/20 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck!

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/20 03:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The fact that the alleged Credit Union rep called you out of the blue just confirms that it is a scam. Probably the rip off's wife.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

mleekamp

Washington, IL

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/20 04:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think you came out ahead. Two points:

1. I agree the "no wire transfers" is a scam. All CU and banks do them. How do you think they transfer money between each other?

2. For years, I put in my ads "i will not deliver". And yes, I still get people who think that's my job. The buyer's responsibility is to do all that, not the seller. Sure, you can help as much as you can and/or deliver if you want to, but should not be a requirement.

Bottom line, sometimes deals don't feel right. When the buyer keeps changing or modifying what they are doing or want you to do, walk away.

2019 Jayco Redhawk 29XK Class C, Ford V10 E450 with Roadmaster Hitch Mounted Spare Tire holder, Bigfoot Hydraulic Leveling

travisc

Pacific NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/20 05:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dale don’t forget the as-is where is statement when you do sell no warranties implied type of thing, it sounds like you’ve taken great care of the coach and should have no problems selling given the current market. Good luck.

Winnebago Access 24V

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> When a sale is not a sale
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.