|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> When a sale is not a sale

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
MikeDupont

TX

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/20 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

I'll come on the other side of most of the opinions here.

First, it is a regular occurrence (especially in todays COVID world) for a car dealer to bring a vehicle to a prospective buyers house for them to inspect and test drive it.....

Wow. I've never heard of that. Color me surprised.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/20 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MikeDupont wrote:

Bionic Man wrote:

I'll come on the other side of most of the opinions here.

First, it is a regular occurrence (especially in todays COVID world) for a car dealer to bring a vehicle to a prospective buyers house for them to inspect and test drive it.....

Wow. I've never heard of that. Color me surprised.

True - although the dealer makes a deal first, subject to a buyer approving after test drive complete. You can still back out, but they generally want the deal ready-to-go, and the trade goes back with the driver if the deal completes.

It's not a 'shopping tool' in that sense. Not sure if every dealer is the same, or how far the 'delivery - test drive' will travel.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

HTElectrical

Las Vegas

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/20 01:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DO NOT SEND HIM THE MONEY BACK!!!!!! If it was cash then OK, but if he sent you a check, I can almost guarantee that it is fake, and once you send him his money back, he will go to your bank, and cash it and then the check will end up bouncing!!

2007 Duramax, Cognito 7"-9" Lift,

Seon

Lake Camanche, CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/20 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Perfect example that when I accept a deposit I write, "Non refundable but will be applied to the final sale price".

2 Retired

Montross, Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/20 12:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very sorry for your loss. Tell the buyer not to contact you again. The deal is off - because there was no $ exchanged, never a promise you would bring the rig to him, or deny him the opportunity to see it. He's either lying or just plain wrong about the credit union!

Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Update:

I did send the couple their money back. Not because I had to, but I did not want to hear from him again. I didn't need the money and decided to be done, done, done with him.

Yesterday a new owner took possession of Phaeton Place. This man had contacted me as soon as my ad went live. He called for several days in a row, then said he wanted to come look at her. . . from Alabama! When he arrived yesterday, he had already pre-signed wiring instructions from his bank and they had my information. He did a thorough walk through, then called his bank and initiated the transfer. It is all complete and posted. I spent six hours with him going over things and answering questions. I told him I had not taught that long and hard since I quit teaching! LOL But it was enjoyable. He has an RV he is selling, not a DP, but he is familiar with all the systems, etc. He has a friend who is a CAT mechanic who will be taking over the regular maintenance on the coach. He is a very nice man, by himself, but with a mildly handicapped family member he watches.

He actually offered me more than the first guy so I threw in all the freebies I had. Macerator, 30' 50A extension cord, macerator hose, water filters, water softener, spare tire, Patriot Brake, etc. He had brought his tow bar because he wasn't sure his toad would match my tow bar. Good thing because it didn't. So I loaned him tools to remove my tow bar, which he is keeping, and then once at his camp 4 miles away, he is swapping out the tow bar. He has a friend coming from a nearby town today to help him go through things. He is heading back home tomorrow, so Phaeton PLace will leave me forever. I told my son I cried when I drove her the last time, but that was better than crying cause I couldn't sell her!

It's all good. Thanks for all your advice. I have learned a lot and I know she has gone to a good home. I will still be RVing in MinnieMee when the dust all clears. Eventually I will sell/trade her for a Leisure Travel Van hopefully.

Blessings to all and stay safe out there.

Dale

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

stripit

Prescott

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great outcome to your saga of rv selling. Wishing you all the best.

Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And THAT is how an RV sale should go!! It's stunning how many memories are jogged when selling one (In my case, it was memories of my late "soulmate dog" who had traveled every mile of our Class C's life, as I cleaned it in preparation for selling it) and shedding tears over their sale is understandable. But your RV went to a good home, and now you can look forward to new adventures! Happy camping!
Deb

MikeDupont

TX

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scottiemom wrote:

...and I know she has gone to a good home.

I had that feeling when we sold out first TT. Funny how inanimate things can affect us.
Congrats on the smooth sale!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> When a sale is not a sale
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.