|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> inexpensive panels

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Next
Sponsored By:
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/20 09:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all,

I know nothing about this firm--but the prices appear to be low:

https://www.santansolar.com/?fbclid=IwAR........jqejxTlf92ZO7UsVEAiNjNmcyNzrOkJx9XgYN26c

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

soon2bexpat

roaming the South West

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/20 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a 350 watt panel and a 25' cord extension from them. Powers my Bluetti AC200 wonderfully. I found them knowledgeable about their products. Took a drive from Imperial dam LTVA to get it- worth it.

Kodachrome Time Machine, my vintage photo collection from the 1940s to the 1970s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g

mr_andyj

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/20 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This link has been spam posted about 5 times already. Are you the one posing as a question, but really just spamming?

NO, DO NOT BUY USED PANELS unless you are just planning to play.
Panels have a lifespan and you will be buying panels at a 30% discount over new ebay panels but getting panels that are over 50% gone.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/20 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr_andyj,

Pianotuna is a well known member here, doubt would be intentionally spamming and I suspect is digging around to find "bargains" and when Piano sees a bargain is letting others know about it.

Otherwise I would agree with your "sentiment" on taking chances with "used" panels unless you really know the history and you can go there and test them before handing over money.

As far as I am concerned with used solar panels, only buy them if you can travel to where they are so you can check the physical AND electrical condition. Shipping panels is a risky and sketchy business. They are over sized, shipping cost will be high and the odds of panel breakage are excellent in favor of you getting a bunch of broken dreams.

There are tons of scammers out there looking to make off with every penny you have and give you nothing but an empty pocket in return.

Folks need to be very careful of anything that looks like a "too good to be true" pricing on goods and services..

Right now during the Holidays and even through this virus issue the scammers are taking advantage of folks big time.

Honestly folks if you are this poor, you might wish to rethink the RV and boondocking thing.. New panels are decently priced for the wattage you can get, you get new panels and if they get broken in shipment well, you can get your money back or replacements.. Not to mention fresh panels will get you a bit more than the max rating and as panels age, those lose capacity..

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/20 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pianotuna is always discussing solar and his posts are interesting. I hope he continues. Currently he is discussing discount solar panels...getting a "deal"...and nothing is wrong with his posts.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/20 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ty Gde and Lwiddis

* This post was edited 12/04/20 02:46pm by pianotuna *

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/20 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr_andyj,

Panels are generally warrantied for 80% of oem output after 25 to 30 years.

Mine, after 15 years, are still outputting their oem wattage.

I'd love you to post a link to inexpensive ebay panels.

It would be great if you provided a link to the article that suggests panels are 50% "used up".

beemerphile1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/20 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Santan is very highly recommended on several solar Facebook groups I watch. Apparently there are many happy customers.

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/20 08:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ty beemerphile1

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/05/20 01:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Youngsters do not factor that to seniors, a 20 year guarantee is as useless as a two thousand year guarantee.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> inexpensive panels
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.