|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Zero-G water hoses

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/10/20 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I carried one, it leaked, I tossed one..

I now carry a 25' white ... and 3 at 10'

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/20 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

afidel wrote:

I'm not afraid to, but if I've got water at the site it's a heck of a lot more convenient to not have to even think about how much I'm using, plus there's no noise and vibration like with the pump.

x2, who wants to hear that pump a shakin all the time?
bumpy

I got rid of the vibrations by using pipe insulation where the piping contacted walls, and almost all of the noise went away, so it was a win win.

We almost always boondock or dry camp, so it is natural to leave home with a full tank of fresh water. Two years ago, we were at a state campground and the water smelled horrible. Several of the folks we were there with ended up getting, well, they couldn't wander far from their toilets. We had our normal water, and my DW said we will NEVER leave home with an empty water tank, I of course said "yes dear".

Edit to add: We know we can go through two fresh tanks before we have to worry about our black and bathroom grey tanks, so we don't have to worry about those stupid gauges not working.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/10/20 09:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After rolling around in the grass trying to roll up a white water hose, we bought a blue 50 foot EZ hose. No issues, no leaks yet, coils easily, and stores with the filter in a plastic trash can. I put a pressure reducer and the filter on the spigot first, then the blue hose.
Our issue with the white hoses were that they were so stiff.
Each to their own preference.

hondapro

Central Pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/20 05:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a zero g hose and a flexzilla I like them both and they both work much better than the cheap white hoses.
My zero g hose is the gray color, the only issue I have with it is at times when it is laying on the ground in the grass it can look very much like a snake.

Steve
2016 F-350 6.7 Diesel
2015 Springdale 311RE

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/20 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

how did I get by all these years with my white hoses and not have all of these dire consequences??????????
bumpy

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/20 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I replaced the marine/RV hoses with Zero-G hoses because it was a pain to coil them, especially when cold and put them in their Rubbermaid container. In addition, seems like the white hoses always got a kink in the same place. I don’t miss the white ones at all.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/20 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think some of you are confusing Zero G with other brands of hose. I shop both Lowes and Home Depot and the Zero G hoses sold at both have metal ends. I have never seen Zero G hoses with plastic ends anywhere. Ours is out in the sun all the time here in Florida and shows no signs of deterioration. We use it all the time hooked up to the pressure water at the campsites. The bursting strength on the zero G is 650 PSI. If a campground produces more than that water pressure, there is a serious problem. Ours gets run over by the cars often when stretched across the driveways at home. No issues there either. Chuck

rbpru

North Central Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/20 10:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Speaking from experience, just on time hooked up to a campground supply that stinks, tastes funny and looks rusty; and you will appreciate that extra 15 to 20 gallons in the fresh water tank.

I prefer the taste and smell of my own well water. [emoticon]

Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

LVJJJ

NW WASHINGTON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/20 05:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love my zero g, hated my white non zero g. Got one when they first came out. 12' 5/8". I never read directions or ask for them, I'm a male!!

1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 10:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

afidel wrote:

......if I've got water at the site it's a heck of a lot more convenient to not have to even think about how much I'm using, plus there's no noise and vibration like with the pump.

I do not use the hose hooked to the RV and pressurized. Only once have I done that. You don't have to worry about waking up in the middle of the night and discovering the floor is awash in water. Guy at work had that happen. Had some relatives with him, one of them took a shower and left the shower head in the "drip" mode with the faucets on. During the night the gray tank overflowed and the shower pan filled up and the trailer filled up. Insurance totaled the trailer.

With the pump, you know if you have a leak, faucet on, etc, you hear the pump cycling. My complaint with the trailer I have now is the pump it TOO quiet, I can barely hear it. I only turn the pump on when I need water or am using it frequently (meals, etc), anytime away from the RV, or not using it for extended periods, at night, etc, pump is off.

Charles

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Zero-G water hoses
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.