|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> sears 3000 inverter

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jeromep

Eastern Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/20 08:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have this feeling I'm going to be scoffed at, but the inverter generators at Harbor Freight are a great value. They have a 3000 which also has parallel ports like the smaller 2000. It's kind of hefty, but it is also really quiet. Price is fairly competitive.

Here's a link.

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 10:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jeromep wrote:

I have this feeling I'm going to be scoffed at, but the inverter generators at Harbor Freight are a great value. They have a 3000 which also has parallel ports like the smaller 2000. It's kind of hefty, but it is also really quiet. Price is fairly competitive.

Here's a link.

OP: Usually you will receive the best/most replies for GENERATOR Q & A in the *Tech Issues* forums here.

Jeromep: Many folks "scoffed at" the Champion brand of gens - because they didn't know any better.

Everyone should do their homework and research the various brands....including *customer service* after you purchase.

IMO - often the Blue (I have one) and the Red (have one of those also) do not receive the same level of service (when you have a problem) as the dealers have lots of owners of "other things" with engines to take care of...first.

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 10:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

Find a used Honda or Yamaha. You'll be much happier in 5 years.
I replaced a well working Yamaha with a newer Champion about 3 years ago. I couldn't be happier so far. I don't use a generator enough to wear one out that quickly, so I can't speak to the longevity. But I can tell you the Champion is quieter, uses less gas, and starts the A/C much easier than the Yamaha. It weighs quite a bit more, but I hated lifting the Yamaha into the truck bed too.

I just don't think Red and Blue have the advantage that they once did. JMHO of course.

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/20 01:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jeromep wrote:

Here's a link.

They work well until you need a 50 cent part. You then throw the whole thing in a dumpster and buy another.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> sears 3000 inverter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.