|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Veterans News Update New Agent Orange Diseases

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/20 05:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a vereran, I thank you for your info.

There has also been a problem with the water supply at Camp Lejeune NC. I think it may have started in the 60's, so any Marine vets may have a possible claim in that situation. I don't know what the diseases were.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/20 12:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr. ed wrote:

There has also been a problem with the water supply at Camp Lejeune NC. I think it may have started in the 60's, so any Marine vets may have a possible claim in that situation. I don't know what the diseases were.

The open website Veterans Benefits Network has extensive amount of recent info on Camp lejeune water contamination and Agent Orange issues. Just use their search function at top of page. The website puts out a mix bag of both accurate and inaccurate advice on VA claims and other issues but mostly helpful. Regards

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/21 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NamMedevac 70 wrote:

mr. ed wrote:

The open website Veterans Benefits Network has extensive amount of recent info on Camp lejeune water contamination and Agent Orange issues. Just use their search function at top of page. The website puts out a mix bag of both accurate and inaccurate advice on VA claims and other issues but mostly helpful. Regards

I was in boot camp at Camp Lejeune in the summer of '64. It was so hot, I remember drinking a lot of water while showering! I recommend anyone planning to Join USMC, don't choose summer! [emoticon]

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/21 10:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A buddy from my NAVY Ship is actively involved in plotting ships locations during WESTPACs to help prove shipmates qualify under the Blue Water Navy AO act and he sent me info about another group fighting for approval

There is a push by a Veterans Group to get AO recognition and Congress approval for Service Personnel on Guam

They are called "Agent Orange Survivors of Guam" and can be found on FaceBook under that name

Hopefully folks will support their efforts and Congress will include GUAM as a AO Location

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/21 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last time I was at Lejune was with my Uncle in 97. Aunt had passed and went to help him.
The barracks on the beach looked like a storm just went through.
I asked why he didn't run with his old unit to help him stay fit. Commander didn't like the idea > he lived the sterotypical Career Marines life. Three tours in Nam One while I was there, served all over the world and died in 2007 from Agent Orange caused Diabetes and cancer from smoking. Didn't have any kids. The Corps was his family. If he had stayed in another ten years he might still be with us.We slow down and disease death overtakes us.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Veterans News Update New Agent Orange Diseases
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.