|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Vaccine being ships first shots within 24 hours

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/20 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vaccine approved

Sounds like many of us here will be able to get the jab in December, most pharmacies and major supermarkets will be administering. About one third of the population say they will refuse the jab. They will depend on herd immunity I guess. This version of the vaccine is over 90% effective and you need two shots a month apart.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/20 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lots of jockeying to see who gets in line to be first, second, third, etc. I suspect us 65+ will be several spots down the line behind health care workers, nursing home residents, first responders, etc.

The herd immunity experiment in Sweden was a huge failure with the highest infection rate of any country in Europe. And the infection and death rate of Sweden was several times higher than the other 4 Scandinavian countries combined. The other 4 countries pushed for masks and social distancing.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/20 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That article says first responders, older folks over 65 with additional risk factors, people in long care facilities. Some places are giving it to prisoners first. Depends on your location.

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/20 10:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Note: as this topic evolves it is important only 'facts' are posted; the lives of too many people are at stake to be working with rumors, guesses, etc. We do need to get this under control asap. Yes, there will be problems with distribution, some unexpected reactions, and other issues but overall it appears, based on current data, the vaccines will help curb the spread. If posts get out of hand we will simple close this thread. Normally Covid posts will go here: Covid Posting But we will make an exception due to the good news regarding approval and distribution of the vaccines. Please be safe out there!

* This post was edited 12/12/20 10:57am by Moderator *

JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/20 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWIW, I happened to see my cardiologist 2 days ago and I asked him. He figures they won't get to me until April. I'm 65 with heart disease.
JK

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k
570 watts of Solar

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights
2019- 138 Nights
2020- 72 Nights
2021- 35 Nights

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/20 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

Vaccine approved

Sounds like many of us here will be able to get the jab in December, most pharmacies and major supermarkets will be administering. About one third of the population say they will refuse the jab. They will depend on herd immunity I guess. This version of the vaccine is over 90% effective and you need two shots a month apart.

Even here in Michigan (it's being made here in Michigan) I do not think anyone outside the health care and first responder field will get it this year.. however next year Should spread it farther.

WHY.. Well Protecting those who TREAT the infected SHOULD be job one. and thus they are top of the list.

Then comes nursing homes and other senior and long term care facilities.

Then folks like me (Older)
then ... I lose interest (Seriously younger folks.. I'm not sure where the elementary/middle/high/college/graduate groups rank...

But when they announce My group.. In a rush I will be. for this is one vaccine where I will not hesitate.

Home is where I park it.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/20 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well they are supposed to get 100000000 million doses in DEC enough for 50,000,000 people and I don't think there are 50,000,000 hospital and first responders in this country. Especially since some of them say they will not get the vaccine. So nursing home and over 65 with risk factors will get at least some of the vaccine.
I see there are about 2 M first responders and 17 M health care, and 1 M in nursing homes. Call it 20 M total and maybe 15 M will accept vaccine. That leaves 35 M

* This post was edited 12/12/20 03:57pm by an administrator/moderator *

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/20 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The correct answer is...

NATIONAL PEROGATIVE

1. Health care workers. First responders. There are millions.
2. Staff and patients at critical care facilities. Horribly vulnerable.
3. PATIENTS OVER 80 years.
4. Then a descending ordinal of 5 tiers down to 20 year olds.

I am 75 with 5 mitigating vulnerabilities. Yet it may be February or later until I become legitimately eligible for a 1st inoculation. The release, transportation, and administration of the vaccine will remain under strict control of the FDA.
For accurate guidelines I am relying on Johns Hopkins newsletters, or the FDA verbatim announcements. The general press should be ignored unless their info is keyed to an official Food and Drug Administration announcement.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/20 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My understanding is that in the US, each state determines how, who and when each person/category is cleared for vaccination.

The states are supposed to use the CDC guidelines when determining their protocols.

Being in a health profession, I have received Indiana's interim vaccination plan. It is quite comprehensive but still has to be filled in as far as specific individuals.

Indeed first responders and health care workers (including support staff), long term care facilities are in phase 1a.

After that "Individuals who are at particular risk of morbidity and mortality associated with COVID-19 disease based on the latest evidence-based criteria" are in phase 1b.

Then people who could be at increased risk of contracting COVID and are essential workers. phase 2

Then general population. phase 3

The target production for vaccine is ambitious and there could be disruptions due to "supply chain" issues. The good news is that there are a few more vaccines due to be added to the supply early next year if approval is successful as these first two have been.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/20 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

Well they are supposed to get 100000000 million doses in DEC enough for 50,000,000 people and I don't think there are 50,000,000 hospital and first responders in this country. Especially since some of them say they will not get the vaccine. So nursing home and over 65 with risk factors will get at least some of the vaccine.
I see there are about 2 M first responders and 17 M health care, and 1 M in nursing homes. Call it 20 M total and maybe 15 M will accept vaccine. That leaves 35 M

The figures I've seen are that 50 Million doses of Pfizer's vaccine are expected this year (December) which is 25 million people.

According to the CDC the are 18 million health care workers in the US. I don't know if this figure included ancillary personnel, housekeeping, janitorial, administrative and support personnel all who would have various increased risk of contacting COVID depending on their job. Then you would have to consider all EMT, police and fire personnel as first responders that should be considered in the first to be vaccinated group.

We obviously will not have enough vaccine to address all of the individuals in this first group until after the next batch is produced.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Vaccine being ships first shots within 24 hours
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.