RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Factory Floor Repair at Keystone

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > Factory Floor Repair at Keystone

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
covered wagon

USA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/01/2004

View Profile



Posted: 12/16/20 06:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for my rash statement, but your supposed to have plywood over the foam insulation.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/16/20 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

covered wagon wrote:

Sorry for my rash statement, but your supposed to have plywood over the foam insulation.


How thick do you think it is? Maybe 3/16 of an inch?





covered wagon

USA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/01/2004

View Profile



Posted: 12/17/20 06:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

covered wagon wrote:

Sorry for my rash statement, but your supposed to have plywood over the foam insulation.


How thick do you think it is? Maybe 3/16 of an inch?


Plywood thickness depends on what joist spacing you have. Buying plywood versus OSB is such a negligible cost increase when considering the much lower quality and problems associated with OSB.

GDS-3950BH

DC

Senior Member

Joined: 12/08/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/18/20 03:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

covered wagon wrote:

Lynnmor wrote:

covered wagon wrote:

Sorry for my rash statement, but your supposed to have plywood over the foam insulation.


How thick do you think it is? Maybe 3/16 of an inch?


Plywood thickness depends on what joist spacing you have. Buying plywood versus OSB is such a negligible cost increase when considering the much lower quality and problems associated with OSB.


Tell that to Thor and Forest River, as laminated floors used in RVs may have what they consider joists as far apart as 4-5 feet, the same as in laminated walls. I've drilled through 5 or 6 over the years and all had 3/16" luan on top and 1/8" luan on the bottom of the lamination.

Duane4238

North Tonawanda, New York

New Member

Joined: 07/28/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/13/21 08:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This whole foam core thing is interesting and new to me. I have a 2011
springdale 311RE that I bought from a local dealer. It was originally owned by one of the service dept employees and taken well care of or so I thought. Didn't notice until they delivered the unit, but the floor in front of the stove and sink is lower than the surrounding floor. It also seems much softer. I guess when I finally decide to replace the vinyl flooring, which is only in the kitchen area, I'll put in marine or pressure treated plywood under the new vinyl. I can live with it, though, as I'm the only one who uses the trailer which is at my hunting camp.
Duane

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > Factory Floor Repair at Keystone
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.