RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Ideal RV space size for new park?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Ideal RV space size for new park?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/27/20 05:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyemunson wrote:

Put hookups in the center of the "run". This way spaces can be utilized as "buddy" spots where RVs can pull in alternate directions to put door sides together. The one pulling in "backwards" hooks up by pulling utilities under their RV.

Stayed on CG that was set up that way once.... did not like it as you get no privacy from the other person who, in our case, was not a
"camping buddy". While is was a nice CG, we have never gone back due to this weird setup

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Diamond c

West ky

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/20 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We haven’t been to a lot of cig yet, but of the ones that we’ve been to I’ve noticed that most have the water and electric set in the middle. The electric plug and water hook up on ours is in the rear so we have to pull up to reach. Most of the time that doesn’t leave much room for parking. You might want to take that in mide. Just a thought

TUCQUALA

Kennewick, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/20 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You'll never please everybody with everything!! Consider utilities placed within the 2/3 front - 1/3 rear so there is a compromise for all the different
RVs out there. LEVEL!! Everybody's happy when leveling is quick and easy. As to the suggestion aboot dump station (or even sites) being sloped toward the sewer fitting, not all RVs have side outlet tanks. AND all tanks are built with a bit of a slope to the outlet for full drainage. Only when the site or road is crowned or sloped severely, will there be the chance of not emptying completely.

I vote for a mix of pull-thrus and back-ins. You could put the pull-thrus oon the outer rim like a passing lane!! Uses more room, but larger personal usage sites. Stagger the back-ins so they don't look at each others stern!!! If you want to "discriminate", make the pull-thrus the premium, larger sites with good privacy as needed. One way only, no center services. Pain in the A**!! Road corners as wide as reasonably possible, if treed, cut back or planted with room to prevent RV damage.

'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

goff1256

Montrose Co

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/21 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I am traveling I would like to find a pull through dry camp no hook ups .Maybe overnight ,three days for less money and quiet no generator worth the money better than Walmart

Erick & Jackie Goff; Plus Ellie Mae the Fu Fu Dog

Foggy

Kalamazoo Mi. U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/21 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A couple years ago we put in an addition with 35'x 65' sites and some 35'x 80' pull thru sites. In the planning stage many said the sites were too big. It was surprising to me how full a site got with a camper, slide-out, tent, screen room, room around a fire pit, and one or two vehicles.
There was discussion that the sites must be angled to get into them but If you can go from a 20' wide road to a 20' drive then you should be able to go from a 20' drive into a 35' campsite. We did not angle.
The length of the pull-thru's is nice. Not necessary to move TV or dolly.

Happy-Trails
Foggy

pbeverly

South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/17/21 05:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always prefer angled. My last this of 2020 I had booked a spot that technically was too small for my TT and I kinda dreaded getting into the site for the whole year before the trip. It ended up being an awesome size site. Not much of an angled site either. The problem with backing in is the obstacles you have to maneuver around. Not everyone is good at that. I actually had a camping neighbor come over and give me kudos after I got the TT in. I think I only had to pull forward once to get it right.

Ridgeway, SC

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/17/21 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As an RV'er, I prefer sites sized like this one:

[image]

If I were an RV park owner though, I'd prefer site sizing more like this:

[image]

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Ideal RV space size for new park?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.