RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Six-point leveling system -- reduce rocking

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Six-point leveling system -- reduce rocking

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
TenOC

On the road -- Full time

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/20 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

To reduce movement make some nice 3/4" plywood boxes as I made. The shorter the ram extends the more stable it is 24k setting on the 6 boxes.

Note tires not touching the ground.

Cummins12V98 How do you adjust the six-point system so that it "automatically" raises the RV past the 1st level point to take the weight off of the tires? Or do you do this manually?

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/20 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

show off ! [emoticon]

I use old 8" square lumber cut to 10" ..Like Rons stated above, the shorter those rams extend, the more stable you will be..

Take a trip out West and we can make you a set.

IF and WHEN I get out there, your gonna hook me up with some of those Crab and shrimp FIRST ! ! ! [emoticon]

* This post was edited 12/22/20 08:06am by an administrator/moderator *

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/20 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TenOC wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

To reduce movement make some nice 3/4" plywood boxes as I made. The shorter the ram extends the more stable it is 24k setting on the 6 boxes.

Note tires not touching the ground.

Cummins12V98 How do you adjust the six-point system so that it "automatically" raises the RV past the 1st level point to take the weight off of the tires? Or do you do this manually?

I use the manual mode. Hit arrow up symbol then press enter to start manual mode.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/20 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

show off ! [emoticon]

I use old 8" square lumber cut to 10" ..Like Rons stated above, the shorter those rams extend, the more stable you will be..

Take a trip out West and we can make you a set.

IF and WHEN I get out there, your gonna hook me up with some of those Crab and shrimp FIRST ! ! ! [emoticon]

Maybe even some Salmon.

HMMM you were "edited"

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/20 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I as well made up wooden packs out of 2x10x16". Screwed 2 together, added a handle and wholla. Like Cummins and FTG, place them under the legs as needed to reduce the gap between pad and ground. Overall w/ a 41' coach we get some wiggle, but nothing we cringe about. But as the old saying goes: "If the camper's a rockin'----don't come a knockin'"!

FTG---if you go out west, ya might need to get a dually! LOL Personally, I'm a shrimp kind of guy, but will settle for a nice burger or steak. Have that on the menu Cummins?

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/20 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

I as well made up wooden packs out of 2x10x16". Screwed 2 together, added a handle and wholla. Like Cummins and FTG, place them under the legs as needed to reduce the gap between pad and ground. Overall w/ a 41' coach we get some wiggle, but nothing we cringe about. But as the old saying goes: "If the camper's a rockin'----don't come a knockin'"!

FTG---if you go out west, ya might need to get a dually! LOL Personally, I'm a shrimp kind of guy, but will settle for a nice burger or steak. Have that on the menu Cummins?

Mike,,

It will be a DRW ... my SRW is PERFECT for my style of camping as of right now.... weekends here and there within 2-1/2 ride.... 1 larger trip yearly.... thats is... as soon as I get my reigns OFF, it will be a DRW and west bound for me !

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/20 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Maybe even some Salmon.

HMMM you were "edited"

Yes... because I just 'QUOTED" your post along with the pics.... the mods don't always like multiple quoting....

Like this one.[emoticon]

* This post was edited 12/23/20 09:53am by an administrator/moderator *

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/20 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

" I'm a shrimp kind of guy, but will settle for a nice burger or steak. Have that on the menu Cummins?"

Great Butcher near by!

learntorv

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/20 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyway, coming back around to the original post. I had a lot of movement with our 6 point leveling system and family of 4 in our toy hauler. I always wanted to add the Steadyfast system but haven't gotten around to it.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/20 06:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

learntorv wrote:

Anyway, coming back around to the original post. I had a lot of movement with our 6 point leveling system and family of 4 in our toy hauler. I always wanted to add the Steadyfast system but haven't gotten around to it.

Got a set sitting In my garage, I built a set ,I copied the Steadyfast . Took them off my previous fifth wheel , planned on putting them on the one we have now , but with the 6 point level up I feel like they are not needed . But there is only two of us .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Six-point leveling system -- reduce rocking
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.