RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Which TT has the Best Kitchen and Why?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Which TT has the Best Kitchen and Why?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/20 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sjm9911 wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/Dual-Electric-Induction-Cooker-Cooktop/dp/B0753699Y2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=duel+induction+burner&qid=1608736236&sr=8-3
Only problem is you would need to be pluged in. And watch your power consumption. I dont like them, but if you do they sell these.

I looked at those - they aren't dependable enough based on the reviews. Probably going w genset so for more anything more than a brief cook I'd turn the generator on.

* This post was edited 12/23/20 01:09pm by cptqueeg *

propchef

NORCAL

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/20 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WebstaurantStore. You're welcome.

This is where many professionals buy for their operation(s). Great prices and I've never had an issue with quality. I buy from them for my home kitchen as well, other than knives.

I have several of these, and a few of the cheaper ones as well. I like them OK but prefer the tabletop butane burners, even if they won't get as hot.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/vollrath-59300-mirage-cadet-countertop-induction-range-1800w-120v/92259300.html

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/20 01:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

propchef wrote:

WebstaurantStore. You're welcome.

I'm a customer there. I purchased some pandemic stuff from them including containers and a vacuum sealer. The unit you suggested looks good, thanks.

propchef

NORCAL

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 05:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bump for updates.

My wife and I have been looking at TTs as they come up and we're zeroing in on a GD TT. Large single-bowl sink with lots of counter space, a huge drawer for pots and pans, and ticks many of the other boxes as well. We continue to look, but of the one's we've seen, this is position 1. Does anyone have experience with this TT?
Thanks!
https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2021/travel-trailer/imagine-xls/floorplans/22rbe

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/16/21 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

propchef wrote:

Bump for updates.

My wife and I have been looking at TTs as they come up and we're zeroing in on a GD TT. Large single-bowl sink with lots of counter space, a huge drawer for pots and pans, and ticks many of the other boxes as well. We continue to look, but of the one's we've seen, this is position 1. Does anyone have experience with this TT?
Thanks!
https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2021/travel-trailer/imagine-xls/floorplans/22rbe

No experience. Nice layout except I don’t see a pantry. After having decent size dedicated storage for food for the last 10 years, I can’t imagine being without one.

However, it does have nitrogen filled tires! (Sorry, couldn’t resist)

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/17/21 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it is a nice floorplan for 2 people, but it definitely doesn't have a lot of storage for food or clothing. That would be the only real drawback I see by looking at just the floorplan. Also, is there a designated place to put that removable table when it's removed? That would be a real consideration for me since I wouldn't want to lay it on the bed or put it in the shower or.....

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

propchef

NORCAL

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/21 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merrykalia wrote:

I think it is a nice floorplan for 2 people, but it definitely doesn't have a lot of storage for food or clothing. That would be the only real drawback I see by looking at just the floorplan. Also, is there a designated place to put that removable table when it's removed? That would be a real consideration for me since I wouldn't want to lay it on the bed or put it in the shower or.....

The table has dedicated storage under the bed. There's lots of room under there.

We went back and looked at it again after looking at a number of others. It has a large passthrough and more drawer space in the kitchen than other trailers.

The other we like is a bit smaller but manages to be a more open plan. The bath is smaller but neither of us thought it was too small. This one is shorter and lighter but has even more counter space and the tv can be seen from anywhere inside. With the 22rbe, the TV can't be seen from the bedroom (if that matters to you).
https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2021/travel-trailer/imagine-xls/floorplans/17mke

rbpru

North Central Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/21 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This points out the classic RV conundrum. Floor plan, tow vehicle and cost. They all have to match.

Floor plan is the most important. You can change tow vehicles, you can refinance but the floor plan stays. Unless you sell the TT.

To answer the OPs question. The best kitchen is the one the person doing the cooking likes. Considering suggestions from others is a good way to start.

Good luck

Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/21 11:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not want to be a meany here---but, after RVing for over 35 years in one form or another, I have never seen a BMW in front of a trailer. Not saying it can't be done.
Chose wisely and think safety.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blazing Zippers wrote:

I do not want to be a meany here---but, after RVing for over 35 years in one form or another, I have never seen a BMW in front of a trailer. Not saying it can't be done.
Chose wisely and think safety.

I saw one at a stop light. He rolled the window down and I asked if he had any Grey Poupon. He said "But of course" and just drove off.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Which TT has the Best Kitchen and Why?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.