RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Is there something I am missing ?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is there something I am missing ?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/20 04:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Wearing a Mask protects yourself AND OTHERS.

It's a SHAME others don't have the same respect and wear a Mask also

It really is that simple..........

Cloth masks do not work, period. They may stop some of the very largest particles when someone sneezes or coughs but does not stop the small particles. And when you cough you don't just produce extra large droplets, but rather the whole spectrum from extra tiny up. And for the vast majority of people with no symptoms all they do is restrict their breathing making respiratory problems worse.

Mayo Clinic did a study to show how effective masks are, they got some of those foam heads women use for wigs, stuck a tube out where the mouth would be, hooked the hose up to a BLOWER and pointed it at a mask wearing foam head six feet away. When the blowerized dummy was fitted with a mask and they blasted a continuous stream of plastic bead loaded air directly at the other dummy. That dummy's masks stopped one half of one percent of the beads. Over 90 percent remained floating around the blower head.

N95 masks issued to medics work somewhat if carefully worn and with the correct fitting, discarded frequently, and with no facial hair. HEPA mask do work when fitted correctly and without facial fair. Over the head forced air masks work very well but at the cost of several hundred bucks each and with changes of the expensive filters and batteries. I know since I was in charge of buying this stuff for an environmental lab.
Cloth masks are just tools to make the privileged class feel that they are forcing the proletariat, that's you, obey them.

That is not even close to being logical. [emoticon]
If that is true, how come places where mask are used have way less cases than places that don't use masks.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/20 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

If that is true, how come places where mask are used have way less cases than places that don't use masks.

OK, prove that point. Show us data.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Boon Docker

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/20 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

Quote:

Simple, just look at the published stats.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/20 04:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

agesilaus wrote:

Quote:

See all talk, or text I guess and no data. It is your proposition you provide the data.

Boon Docker

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/20 04:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon]

I'm done, the stupidity around here is too much to bare.

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/20 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow !
When I posted I never realized there were so many stubborn people who could care less about anyone except their self !

You know who you are, and you have my sympathy !

Guy

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/20 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The naysayers will hurt you every time. First it was a hoax. Then it wasn't as bad as the seasonal flu. You don't need to wear mask. It only infects the old and infirmed. The doctors and scientists are all wrong. How many times can you be wrong and stick to a belief? Do what you want just don't get near me.

There is some question about the massaging of the numbers in Florida. It appears their numbers are questionable.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/20 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

Quote:

A bit of a Long Read

But to cut to the chase
Conclusion

The study provides evidence that US states mandating the use of face masks in public had a greater decline in daily COVID-19 growth rates after issuing these mandates compared with states that did not issue mandates. These effects were observed conditional on other existing social distancing measures and were independent of the CDC recommendation to wear face covers issued April 3, 2020. As international and state governments begin to relax social distancing restrictions, and considering the high likelihood of a second COVID-19 wave in the fall and winter of 2020,30 requiring the use of face masks in public could help in reducing COVID-19 spread.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/20 05:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

Look at the study that he posted. It showed that counties in Florida that implemented mask mandates averaged 23 cases a day. Counties that didn't averaged 22 cases a day. Then it went on to show other states that had mask mandates and the numbers, versus other states that had mask mandates. Masks aren't the panacea that people claim they are. N95 masks offer very good protection. Surgical masks offer decent protection. Regular cloth masks are minimally better then nothing at all. There were studies that showed gaiters are WORSE than no mask.

Then when you consider that people are touching the outside ("infected" side) of masks when they take them off and not washing hands immediately, those masks have a greater chance of spreading disease.

Washing hands, not touching your face and not getting into peoples personal space is FAR more effective and less restrictive. I feel like an idiot standing outside wearing a mask at a gas station in the 21 degree temperatures and watching my breath, and the breath of everyone around me, going right through or around their masks and exposing their spittle to everyone else. These pieces of cloth and/or paper masks aren't stopping anything.

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/20 05:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If mask do not work then why have doctors and nurses wore them for many many decades around infected people with flu, pneumonia, TB, and many other infectious diseases before covid and most of them did not die. They been doing this for over a century.

This year mask work for me as unlike previous 3 to 5 years I have not been sick with flu or cold by this time. I am a believer and wear them when around other folks indoors or outside. Before flying Army medevac choopers in Nam I was an emergency ambulance driver in Texas and we wore them around suspected infected persons and never did get sick.
C[image]heers

* This post was edited 12/26/20 05:12pm by NamMedevac 70 *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is there something I am missing ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.