RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Busted!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Busted!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Mr.Mark

Out West and Mid South

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/20 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I live in a gated community. I know every coin has it's side.

I like a nice clean neighborhood as it keeps values up. But, nothing is worse than a noisy pesty neighbor, thankfully I have had good neighbors for the last 25yrs.

The location where I have my factory is not zoned well. You will have a business, a trailer park and residential homes. It looks terrible. People will pile up junk if given the opportunity, seems to be the nature of people..... a lot of people! I feel sorry for the people who keep there homes 'neat as a pen' then the slobs live next door.

I keep my coach in a covered storage facility, camera'd and fenced. I don't want to see people's RV's in front of their houses, in the backyards are fine of course. My property doesn't have room for it.

Safe travels,
MM.

Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/20 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^Well said.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

SpeakEasy

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/20 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

Reader1 wrote:

SpeakEasy - I think your plan is a good one. While I feel bad that you have such a limited time to work this, there are two sides to every story. We live in a very small community that has NO zoning. Over the years, our little town has become very run down because of that. Our Mayor and Council (my DH is on council) are working on a plan that would create LIMITED zoning in order to bring our town back. A lot of the new requirements deal with rental properties that the owners do not paint etc. including fines. They want to require trash pick up for every property, or proof of trash removal. We want to establish a volunteer group of people that will paint, or clean up properties of senior citizens who can no longer do it themselves. There are other ideas dealing with junk cars etc, but nothing about RV's or boats that do not encroach on neighbors properties or hinder them. Not perfect but our town is beginning to look better already and we need this.
I've lived next door to people who didn't give a dam how their property looked. The did absolutely no maintenance to the house in the 10 years they lived there. Yard was full of **** and unmowe'd. Never said a word about it but can't say I was disappointed when they moved. It took the person who bought it one whole summer to rectify the years of neglect.

I hope you're not implying that my storage of my trailer in my driveway is equivalent to these folks.....

-Speak

It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/20 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My trailer sits in my RV drive, which is next to my vehicle drive... My neighbors love it. Have given many tours, and showed off the light show it can do. They think it brings a touch of class to the area.

My kind of people.

I do not think I would own an RV if I had to keep it somewhere else.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
Full Body Paint, 3, 8K axles, Disc Brakes
17.5 LRH commercial tires
1380 watts solar,
2020 Silverado High Country CC DA 4X4 Big Dually.

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/20 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

wapiticountry wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

wapiticountry wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

I had such a nieghbor once. A similar situation. only the beef was a few dead palm tree fronds. The second time I happened to catch the enforcement officer inspecting my house. I pointed out other houses in view from my house with far worse violations. A couple actually had dead trees. I asked why nothing was being done to them. The officer replied that I was the only complaint he had on my street, but if I wanted to file a complaint, he would take action. I said no I do not want to do that. But I would like to know who is complaining about me. He said he could not tell me. I told him "OK, but please give them a message for me. Any more complaints, and I will paint my house pink with big purple polka dots. That is legal as the only thing the law states is that paint must be in good condition." The officer got a big grin on his face. I never had any more complaints.
Too bad I was not your neighbor. I would have called in a complaint just to see you cut off your nose to spite your face.
You would have lost. I would have only had to do the front of a small patio home. A couple of gallons would have done it easy....A weekend and a case of beer, (which was about a normal weekend then) me and my buddies would have enjoyed it. I could always paint over it later.
I would wager that once some of the other neighbors found out why I did it, that there would have been a LOT of pressure on the complainer to knock it off.
I doubt that the neighbors would have done anything but laugh that someone would waste their time and money painting their own house a ridiculous color in a vain attempt to prove a point. Granted, sitting on my front porch, drinking a cold beer, watching you and your friends paint your house pink with purple polka dots would make for a weekend to remember. Then I would get to experience the thrill all over again when you spent another weekend repainting it back to normal.
However, I must admit I am not considering the possibility that you and your friends actually like to paint houses. Maybe scraping off old paint, sanding rough surfaces, masking off trim, moving and covering furniture, breathing paint fumes and cleaning everything up when you are done up all while baking in the hot sun is your thing. It sure isn't mine.
The house was new, so their would not have been any prep work.... And we would have been having a lot of cold brews while doing it... In fact that would have helped out with our artistic talents.... But the hit on everyones property values would have real, and dramatic. And there would not have been a thing anyone could do about it, other than confront the complainer that was the cause of the paint job.

The point is.... It worked. And I never make a statement that I am not willing to back up.
And no home would suffer a greater loss of value than your purple with pink polka dot one. You claim you would destroy the value of your home to hurt your neighbors. You claim you tossed a 5 gallon bucket of oil into your neighbor's jacuzzi, running them out of town. I'd move too. Life is to short to have to deal with neighbors like you.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/20 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would file the complaint for all violations on the street if there was an unknown pest that was after me.

the best way to get a bad law changed is to enforce it vigorously. Abraham Lincoln
I would far prefer to have the law on my side than devolve into the stated unlawful actions.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Reader1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/20 04:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

Reader1 wrote:

SpeakEasy - I think your plan is a good one. While I feel bad that you have such a limited time to work this, there are two sides to every story. We live in a very small community that has NO zoning. Over the years, our little town has become very run down because of that. Our Mayor and Council (my DH is on council) are working on a plan that would create LIMITED zoning in order to bring our town back. A lot of the new requirements deal with rental properties that the owners do not paint etc. including fines. They want to require trash pick up for every property, or proof of trash removal. We want to establish a volunteer group of people that will paint, or clean up properties of senior citizens who can no longer do it themselves. There are other ideas dealing with junk cars etc, but nothing about RV's or boats that do not encroach on neighbors properties or hinder them. Not perfect but our town is beginning to look better already and we need this.
I've lived next door to people who didn't give a dam how their property looked. The did absolutely no maintenance to the house in the 10 years they lived there. Yard was full of **** and unmowe'd. Never said a word about it but can't say I was disappointed when they moved. It took the person who bought it one whole summer to rectify the years of neglect.

I hope you're not implying that my storage of my trailer in my driveway is equivalent to these folks.....

-Speak
Absolutely not. I was actually responding to those who say negative things constantly about people who are members of town or city council. They are often correct that some people are there just to promote themselves, but often people do this because they want the best for their community. I am sorry if you misunderstood.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/20 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

Reader1 wrote:

-Speak
Not at all! I'm stating without rules some people take advantage of the situation. I stored my TT at home for years and kept my property maintained. I understand why there's rules when you see extreme neglect that lowers property values.

Would you be upset if your next door neighbors yard looked like Sanford & Son? How about if the house across the street looked like the The Munsters mansion?

* This post was edited 12/30/20 07:17pm by colliehauler *

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/20 08:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've owned truck campers....a TT and several 5th wheel rv trailers but I sure wouldn't want one parked next door to me that stuck out next to my front yard so I had to look at it every day.
Dangz things look like a gawdy painted storage shed on wheels anyway [emoticon]

WE lived in a housing addition from '66 to '75. The wife and I were country kids and we hated every year in that addition. Bought this 40 acres in '76. Now my 32' gawdy painted storage shed on wheels sits in a trailer barn...and I or my closest neighbor 1/2 mile away don't have to look at it. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 12/30/20 08:58pm by JIMNLIN *

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/20 02:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

wapiticountry wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

wapiticountry wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

I had such a nieghbor once. A similar situation. only the beef was a few dead palm tree fronds. The second time I happened to catch the enforcement officer inspecting my house. I pointed out other houses in view from my house with far worse violations. A couple actually had dead trees. I asked why nothing was being done to them. The officer replied that I was the only complaint he had on my street, but if I wanted to file a complaint, he would take action. I said no I do not want to do that. But I would like to know who is complaining about me. He said he could not tell me. I told him "OK, but please give them a message for me. Any more complaints, and I will paint my house pink with big purple polka dots. That is legal as the only thing the law states is that paint must be in good condition." The officer got a big grin on his face. I never had any more complaints.
Too bad I was not your neighbor. I would have called in a complaint just to see you cut off your nose to spite your face.
You would have lost. I would have only had to do the front of a small patio home. A couple of gallons would have done it easy....A weekend and a case of beer, (which was about a normal weekend then) me and my buddies would have enjoyed it. I could always paint over it later.
I would wager that once some of the other neighbors found out why I did it, that there would have been a LOT of pressure on the complainer to knock it off.
I doubt that the neighbors would have done anything but laugh that someone would waste their time and money painting their own house a ridiculous color in a vain attempt to prove a point. Granted, sitting on my front porch, drinking a cold beer, watching you and your friends paint your house pink with purple polka dots would make for a weekend to remember. Then I would get to experience the thrill all over again when you spent another weekend repainting it back to normal.
However, I must admit I am not considering the possibility that you and your friends actually like to paint houses. Maybe scraping off old paint, sanding rough surfaces, masking off trim, moving and covering furniture, breathing paint fumes and cleaning everything up when you are done up all while baking in the hot sun is your thing. It sure isn't mine.
The house was new, so their would not have been any prep work.... And we would have been having a lot of cold brews while doing it... In fact that would have helped out with our artistic talents.... But the hit on everyones property values would have real, and dramatic. And there would not have been a thing anyone could do about it, other than confront the complainer that was the cause of the paint job.

The point is.... It worked. And I never make a statement that I am not willing to back up.
And no home would suffer a greater loss of value than your purple with pink polka dot one. You claim you would destroy the value of your home to hurt your neighbors. You claim you tossed a 5 gallon bucket of oil into your neighbor's jacuzzi, running them out of town. I'd move too. Life is to short to have to deal with neighbors like you.
As for the value of my home.... I could change that at will with some more paint... The value is only important at selling time.
As for the bucket of oil..... You are assuming I did that... Reality is I only know about it.
Evidently that particular person had made quite a few "friends" in that neigborhood.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Busted!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.