RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Busted!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Busted!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/20 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^ Came back from my Christmas break and opened up RV.net to see whats going on - same-ole same ole.... No surprises here.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

rbpru

North Central Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/31/20 06:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Years ago my dad asked me why I bought 20 acres in the country, I told him some folks are not fit to live with civilized people. [emoticon] [emoticon]

Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/20 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

My trailer sits in my RV drive, which is next to my vehicle drive... My neighbors love it. Have given many tours, and showed off the light show it can do. They think it brings a touch of class to the area.

My kind of people.

I do not think I would own an RV if I had to keep it somewhere else.

I know for a fact that I'd not own an RV that required storing off site.....wife and I play cards in it all winter, little wine and a little music.

BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/21 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

So - wait until the end of January and roll the dice on being able to get in? Or do it now while I can and pay for a month that I really don't need? -Speak

If you're not willing to go ask for an extension, I hoped you jumped on this and got a spot! It will solve the immediate issue and give you some breathing room to do your landscaping and make a spot for the TT at home on your own schedule.

2015 Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab Long Box, Cummins diesel
2002 Lance 811 Slide-In Camper
SOLD: 2008 Terry 34' TT
SOLD: 2001 K2500LT 8.1L Suburban

Lance 811 Renovation Story!
Project Complete!
Maiden Voyage!

Westcoasting

westcoast

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/21 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can you park it beside your driveway... then technically you are not parked in the driveway like they warned you about!

jerem0621

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/21 10:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Come to Tennessee like the thousands of New Yorkers moving here ASAP. Not being political. It’s just a fact of life. This state is exploding with folks from California and New York/ New Jersey. Not sure why, can’t put my finger on it.

Thanks!

TV- 2011 Chevy Tahoe, 2WD, Hayden transmission cooler
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control
Tekonsha Voyager brake controller (Great Brake Controller)

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

SpeakEasy

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/21 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Westcoasting wrote:

Can you park it beside your driveway... then technically you are not parked in the driveway like they warned you about!

The ordinance says it has to be in the back yard. Side yard COULD be approved, but it would require a request on my part and a specific approval from the City. My side yard could not accommodate a trailer.

-Speak

It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

SpeakEasy

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/21 06:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jerem0621 wrote:

Come to Tennessee like the thousands of New Yorkers moving here ASAP. Not being political. It’s just a fact of life. This state is exploding with folks from California and New York/ New Jersey. Not sure why, can’t put my finger on it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the invitation! I'm sure I would like it in Tennessee. Governor Cuomo has actually encouraged people who disagree with him about social issues to leave the state!

Be careful, however. Immigrants from California and New York may bring ideas with them that could ruin the good life y'all have cultivated down there.

One of my daughters and her family have relocated to NC, so if we're going anywhere it would probably be to NC.

(But back to the topic at hand: I suspect there are communities in Tennessee that would tell me the same thing about where I can and can't park my trailer.)

-Speak

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/21 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

jerem0621 wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for the invitation! I'm sure I would like it in Tennessee. Governor Cuomo has actually encouraged people who disagree with him about social issues to leave the state!

Be careful, however. Immigrants from California and New York may bring ideas with them that could ruin the good life y'all have cultivated down there.

One of my daughters and her family have relocated to NC, so if we're going anywhere it would probably be to NC.

(But back to the topic at hand: I suspect there are communities in Tennessee that would tell me the same thing about where I can and can't park my trailer.)

-Speak

LOL! One of my old friends moved to another county. Stated one of the major reasons for the move was "I want to do what I want on my property" Built a real nice house. 5 years later, he and many others are in the courts fighting to keep a hog factory out. But he can walk around with his gun.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/21 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

jerem0621 wrote:

Thanks!

-Speak
Not just New York, people of Illinois want to succeed from Chicago. Different values in rule area's compared to large cities but the large cities have the numbers to pass the laws.

Yes HOA'S are everywhere. Have family in the metroplex (DFW) that live in a HOA that ban pickups. Can you imagine banning pickups in Texas.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Busted!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.