RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Busted!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Busted!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/20 02:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

I had such a nieghbor once. A similar situation. only the beef was a few dead palm tree fronds. The second time I happened to catch the enforcement officer inspecting my house. I pointed out other houses in view from my house with far worse violations. A couple actually had dead trees. I asked why nothing was being done to them. The officer replied that I was the only complaint he had on my street, but if I wanted to file a complaint, he would take action. I said no I do not want to do that. But I would like to know who is complaining about me. He said he could not tell me. I told him "OK, but please give them a message for me. Any more complaints, and I will paint my house pink with big purple polka dots. That is legal as the only thing the law states is that paint must be in good condition." The officer got a big grin on his face. I never had any more complaints.
Too bad I was not your neighbor. I would have called in a complaint just to see you cut off your nose to spite your face.
You would have lost. I would have only had to do the front of a small patio home. A couple of gallons would have done it easy....A weekend and a case of beer, (which was about a normal weekend then) me and my buddies would have enjoyed it. I could always paint over it later.
I would wager that once some of the other neighbors found out why I did it, that there would have been a LOT of pressure on the complainer to knock it off.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1380watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountryC CD/A 4X4 DRW

Reader1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/20 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy - I think your plan is a good one. While I feel bad that you have such a limited time to work this, there are two sides to every story. We live in a very small community that has NO zoning. Over the years, our little town has become very run down because of that. Our Mayor and Council (my DH is on council) are working on a plan that would create LIMITED zoning in order to bring our town back. A lot of the new requirements deal with rental properties that the owners do not paint etc. including fines. They want to require trash pick up for every property, or proof of trash removal. We want to establish a volunteer group of people that will paint, or clean up properties of senior citizens who can no longer do it themselves. There are other ideas dealing with junk cars etc, but nothing about RV's or boats that do not encroach on neighbors properties or hinder them. Not perfect but our town is beginning to look better already and we need this.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/20 10:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Well that s ucks SpeakEasy. Super frustrating for sure.
Any new neighbors move in recently? They’re suspect as complainants....
Or could just be someone dusted off the code book and decided to get an attaboy by raising money for the city.
Maybe quiz some other folks who have RVs parked out front if there’s any.

And subjectively, if I found out it was due to complaint by one person and my place looked otherwise nice and tidy and of the same standard as the neighborhood, that person would have their own frustrations to deal with in the near future!

We had a nosy b_____ of a neighbor in our subdivision in AZ years ago. She liked gettting the HOA cops out for every infraction. Including garbage cans. Weren’t allowed to be out overnight and garbage came on Fridays. So if we were gone for the weekend, we’d get a HOA notice and fine.
Figured out who it was as other neighbors we were friends with all had issues and she was the issue. (It was only homes within her purview).
Anyway, her garbage can lid got epoxied shut, side gate JB welded shut and since this was before doorbell cameras, eventually her front door lock got super glued!

Idk if she stopped being a biatch as we moved not long after.

So she was the bad person????
You not only lowered yourself to her level you went even lower

[emoticon]

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/20 10:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

I'm looking at about $35 to $40 per month for outdoor storage at a gated, paved, fenced facility with 24-hour security cameras. The biggest issue right now is that it is full-on winter here, and the storage lots are almost full. Also, they don't keep them plowed (snow). Right now I would have access, because last week's thaw melted the snowpack, but there will be more of the white stuff. So - wait until the end of January and roll the dice on being able to get in? Or do it now while I can and pay for a month that I really don't need?

-Speak

I would do it now ...over done with

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/20 01:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

SpeakEasy wrote:

I'm looking at about $35 to $40 per month for outdoor storage at a gated, paved, fenced facility with 24-hour security cameras. The biggest issue right now is that it is full-on winter here, and the storage lots are almost full. Also, they don't keep them plowed (snow). Right now I would have access, because last week's thaw melted the snowpack, but there will be more of the white stuff. So - wait until the end of January and roll the dice on being able to get in? Or do it now while I can and pay for a month that I really don't need?

-Speak

I would do it now ...over done with
It would be a no-brainer, get a spot while there available and you can get in before the snow.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/20 01:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I look at it differently then a lot on the forum. Even though I can park my RV at home I have chosen covered storage to protect the RV. Additional benefits is it's easier to park at the storage yard and the fact people don't know I'm gone when the RV disappears when on vacation. Loading is not a issue bring it home load and go. The outside, decals, roof and tires are out of the sun and look like new. I like things to look nice that I own despite having some years on them.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/20 01:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reader1 wrote:

SpeakEasy - I think your plan is a good one. While I feel bad that you have such a limited time to work this, there are two sides to every story. We live in a very small community that has NO zoning. Over the years, our little town has become very run down because of that. Our Mayor and Council (my DH is on council) are working on a plan that would create LIMITED zoning in order to bring our town back. A lot of the new requirements deal with rental properties that the owners do not paint etc. including fines. They want to require trash pick up for every property, or proof of trash removal. We want to establish a volunteer group of people that will paint, or clean up properties of senior citizens who can no longer do it themselves. There are other ideas dealing with junk cars etc, but nothing about RV's or boats that do not encroach on neighbors properties or hinder them. Not perfect but our town is beginning to look better already and we need this.
I've lived next door to people who didn't give a dam how their property looked. The did absolutely no maintenance to the house in the 10 years they lived there. Yard was full of **** and unmowe'd. Never said a word about it but can't say I was disappointed when they moved. It took the person who bought it one whole summer to rectify the years of neglect.

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/20 05:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

Well that s ucks SpeakEasy. Super frustrating for sure.
Any new neighbors move in recently? They’re suspect as complainants....
Or could just be someone dusted off the code book and decided to get an attaboy by raising money for the city.
Maybe quiz some other folks who have RVs parked out front if there’s any.

And subjectively, if I found out it was due to complaint by one person and my place looked otherwise nice and tidy and of the same standard as the neighborhood, that person would have their own frustrations to deal with in the near future!

We had a nosy b_____ of a neighbor in our subdivision in AZ years ago. She liked gettting the HOA cops out for every infraction. Including garbage cans. Weren’t allowed to be out overnight and garbage came on Fridays. So if we were gone for the weekend, we’d get a HOA notice and fine.
Figured out who it was as other neighbors we were friends with all had issues and she was the issue. (It was only homes within her purview).
Anyway, her garbage can lid got epoxied shut, side gate JB welded shut and since this was before doorbell cameras, eventually her front door lock got super glued!

Idk if she stopped being a biatch as we moved not long after.

So she was the bad person????
You not only lowered yourself to her level you went even lower

[emoticon]
Sometimes when someone goes low......You gotta go lower.

I remember one time about 40 years ago, I was helping a friend adjust the valves on his hotrod. As anyone that has done this knows there will be a little oil that splashes out when doing this. So we were doing it in his alley. A police officer arrived. Said "nice motor. The reason I was called out here is because of that little bit of oil on the ground. Just throw some dirt over it when you are done."

Amazingly that night a 5 gallon bucket of drain oil was thrown over the complainers fence into their jacuzzi. They moved the next week

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/20 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

wapiticountry wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

I had such a nieghbor once. A similar situation. only the beef was a few dead palm tree fronds. The second time I happened to catch the enforcement officer inspecting my house. I pointed out other houses in view from my house with far worse violations. A couple actually had dead trees. I asked why nothing was being done to them. The officer replied that I was the only complaint he had on my street, but if I wanted to file a complaint, he would take action. I said no I do not want to do that. But I would like to know who is complaining about me. He said he could not tell me. I told him "OK, but please give them a message for me. Any more complaints, and I will paint my house pink with big purple polka dots. That is legal as the only thing the law states is that paint must be in good condition." The officer got a big grin on his face. I never had any more complaints.
Too bad I was not your neighbor. I would have called in a complaint just to see you cut off your nose to spite your face.
You would have lost. I would have only had to do the front of a small patio home. A couple of gallons would have done it easy....A weekend and a case of beer, (which was about a normal weekend then) me and my buddies would have enjoyed it. I could always paint over it later.
I would wager that once some of the other neighbors found out why I did it, that there would have been a LOT of pressure on the complainer to knock it off.
I doubt that the neighbors would have done anything but laugh that someone would waste their time and money painting their own house a ridiculous color in a vain attempt to prove a point. Granted, sitting on my front porch, drinking a cold beer, watching you and your friends paint your house pink with purple polka dots would make for a weekend to remember. Then I would get to experience the thrill all over again when you spent another weekend repainting it back to normal.
However, I must admit I am not considering the possibility that you and your friends actually like to paint houses. Maybe scraping off old paint, sanding rough surfaces, masking off trim, moving and covering furniture, breathing paint fumes and cleaning everything up when you are done up all while baking in the hot sun is your thing. It sure isn't mine.

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/20 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

wapiticountry wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

I doubt that the neighbors would have done anything but laugh that someone would waste their time and money painting their own house a ridiculous color in a vain attempt to prove a point. Granted, sitting on my front porch, drinking a cold beer, watching you and your friends paint your house pink with purple polka dots would make for a weekend to remember. Then I would get to experience the thrill all over again when you spent another weekend repainting it back to normal.
However, I must admit I am not considering the possibility that you and your friends actually like to paint houses. Maybe scraping off old paint, sanding rough surfaces, masking off trim, moving and covering furniture, breathing paint fumes and cleaning everything up when you are done up all while baking in the hot sun is your thing. It sure isn't mine.
The house was new, so their would not have been any prep work.... And we would have been having a lot of cold brews while doing it... In fact that would have helped out with our artistic talents.... But the hit on everyones property values would have real, and dramatic. And there would not have been a thing anyone could do about it, other than confront the complainer that was the cause of the paint job.

The point is.... It worked. And I never make a statement that I am not willing to back up.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Busted!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.