RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Meds on the road.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/20 07:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All of the above are right, we use Walmart for most as most of the places we have traveled have a walmart somewhere pretty close. However, some states, in our case New York, allow a prescription transfer into the state, but only one time, and then it cannot be transferred to any other state. We had to call our Doctor and have a new script faxed to the store where we were. Then 90 days later, we had it transferred to where we were. So you might need to check before having a script trnsferred.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

OkieGene

oklahoma city

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/20 10:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Leave your existing insurance and meds and pharmacy relationship as a going concern, don't mess with it.

There is another way to get sufficient meds to augment or supplement your existing situation.

Depending on your meds, Costco Pharmacy sells them at a low price, and Costco also accepts GoodRx to lower the cost further.

A 90 day from your regular pharmacy, a 90 day from Costco, BOOM! You've got a 6 month supply.

I just asked my Doc for a duplicate script for me to carry into Costco and just paid cash for the meds.

Simple and easy peace of mind.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/20 09:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get meds through the VA. I can go to the open pharmacy tell them I am leaving for a couple months, they give me a 90 day supply. If I run out I can look for the nearest VA and go in for refiles.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/21 02:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VA cal them and they will ship to where you are. Also like Edd505 said they will fill most meds for 90 days.
Wife now gets hers through CHAMP VA same pharmacy.The fill all her meds 90days at a time.
When she was getting hers though insurance where she worked and later Medicare supplement they only had certain pharmacies in the network.CVS They would fill only 30 days at a time, and she could get a medication filled one me out of home area. Next refill would require a new script there and when she got home. Really put a crimp in traveling for more than month after she retired.I kept telling her she could get them through the VA for several years.She could also have enrolled in VA and go her meds and if she wished, medical care at VA until she retired and went on Medicare including dental which she really needed and cost tn out of pocket and it would have continued.Wouldn't listen.

Cristian123

Phoenix, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/21 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We faced this issue. My wife needs to take meds that should be stored in the refrigerator. When we were going to travel for a long period of time, her doctor kindly agreed to give her a prescription to a bigger dose than usual. So, my wife ordered her meds, I also decided to Buy rybelsus and insulin in advance. We bought a little insulated travel cooler, packed our meds and an ice pack, and extra zip lock bags for ice there. By the way, if you are going to travel by plane, it may also be useful to include the box or container your medication arrives in with your name and prescription information in case the TSA requests to see it.

* This post was edited 01/31/21 12:17am by Cristian123 *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.