|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I just got the new RV Magazine

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
lhenry8113

Cypress or Lake Arrowhead, Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/21 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We received 2 of the new RV magazine. Previously, was getting Trailer Life and MotorHome magazines. Definitely letting 1 run out-will wait to see what develops to see if we keep 2nd subscription. Have been getting the 2 Mag's. for years-currently have a Class C-used to have an Arctic Fox 5th wheel. Figured they would put it together-1 person doesn't need 2 RV magazines-but, oh well my dog will now get his own copy.

2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE
Mustang Hollow Campground, Mathis, TX. Corpus Christi-Lake Corpus Christi

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

craig7h

Branson MO area

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/21 04:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of you will remember the "Highways" magazine that I believe came out quarterly. That really had some good information in it, and worth reading. Then GS combined it with the Trailer life and MH magazine, which as you know is mostly selling rv stuff. Over the months the articles stopped and then it just became a sales magazine.

Now to the beginning of 2021 a great idea from GS/CW lets combine all magazines into one and save money. So we received ours like most did the other day. I gave my DW the first chance to page through it. When it was my turn to look through I was trying to find the stories, the good things to read, stuff other than the merchandise.

I made a comment to my DW how stupid this magazine was compared to past things. I was then inform by her that this was a "CATALOG" not a magazine, much like the old Sears was. I told her she was 100% correct so i put it where the old Sears Catalogs would go. Right in the Crapper.

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/21 05:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I noticed a sign at Manassas Camping World that when you buy one of the overpriced RV's, which also includes busting out a few thousand in fees, prep, and other assorted charges, you get a free subscription to the catalog you folks are discussing LOL.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/21 05:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know what mag some of you were reading but it wasn't the one I got yesterday.
There are less than 3 pages of CW ads. Inside the front cover and pages 64 and 65.
It doesn't really have much of the content that I would want but I'll wait a little bit before cancelling.
If you're getting 2 call them.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/21 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I received two magazine/catalogs in the mail.
One is yearly main catalog, other is the RV Magazine.
RV Magazine is not nearly what the old Trailer Life or Motor Home Magazines. Won't last long!
Catalog is just that a catalog for wish lists!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/21 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Philip.Saran wrote:

This issue is 80% advertising for Camping World/Gander RV and
Outdoors, Good Sam with some articles thrown in.

[image]

As uttered by "Ralphie" in the movie "A Christmas Story", just before he exclaimed "A CRUMMY COMMERCIAL!"..

Not exactly what you expected now days as pretty much all real content has been removed from every type of media including soft print like a "magazine" and has been fully replaced with nothing more than "commercials" from things that the author wants to push/sell.

I watched the content change get worse over the yrs, remember when you could actually buy a "Readers Digest" and it HAD more than the half dozen "articles" on ten pages that you now get..

Used to subscribe to a lot of "tech" mags that had a lot of good information and not a bunch of advertisements.. Those days are also gone..

How about "newspapers"?

Those things back when I was a kid would break your back carrying them.. Now days they have physically shrunk the papers to half the dimensions and my local one is so thin with "news" that they could easily go to printing once a week..

Not sure what you expected, when two or more mags combine, the result is often much less content and a lot more "filler" in advertisements.

Heck back in the 1990s my Dad used to subscribe to Trailer Life.. Even back then I determined that the entire mag was a huge waste of trees, paper, ink and electricity as all of the articles themselves were written as a shameless effort to sway you into thinking you "needed" the item they were writing about (IE, A CRUMMY COMMERCIAL) and to think you HAD to PAY to read that commercial drivel too..

If you don't like the new mag, send it back and ask for a refund of your subscription.. Enough folks directly complain they may get the hints and listen.. Doubt they are ever going to look at one post on the Internet, I have found most CEOs and upper management are pretty "insulated" from the reality of the world around them.

bdpreece

Yuma Arizona / Oregon Traveler

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/21 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a subscription to Motorhome magazine for many years which I enjoyed. It seemed like every month though that it became smaller and smaller. Just a few months ago when it was time for renewal I made the decision to let my subscription expire. Sounds like I may have made a wise decision.

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/21 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They still make magazines??

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

dennis1949

Decatur, Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/21 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All the articles I enjoyed reading in Trailer Life are gone. Wont be renewing my subscription

ROLLTIDE

Dennis Carpenter
Decatur Alabama
2012 GMC 3/4 ton Z71 Diesel
2016 Forest River Blue Ridge. 3045 RL

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/21 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dennis1949 wrote:

All the articles I enjoyed reading in Trailer Life are gone. Wont be renewing my subscription

ROLLTIDE

Give them a call and/or send in a email or snail mail note and TELL then exactly why you are not renewing.

They already ASSUMED there will be "Passive losses" of subscribers, that has already been accounted for by combining magazines. By combining they reduced the cost considerably by eliminating writers, sections, editors, printing and mailing costs and so on..

Unless folks (readers) directly speak up and fight for what they want to see in print, the owners will assume the remainder readership is OK with what has been done and continue on without you and never think about you again..

Tie up their phones, email and snail mail post boxes and get heard..

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I just got the new RV Magazine
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.