|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Last Three Sessions of Bowling to End 2020

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
AKsilvereagle

North Pole, Alaska

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/21 11:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sunday December 27 - Posted my first 280 plus game in quite a while, as a 289 game developed....Had the first ten strikes with two shots to go on the fill frames as my eleventh shot was what I thought the best delivery in that whole game, only to see the six pin hit the sideboard so violently I do not know how the corner right ten pin did not fall.....I felt good about achieving a 300 game here but to no avail - still a pretty good 1330 six game series though :

[image]

Monday December 28 - This next session had started out great and transition arrived so fast, had a hard time striking with some bad breaks in between, however my game 4 was grand after achieving my 7th lifetime 300 perfect game, and a respectable 1316 six game series :

[image]

Wednesday December 30 - This following session I never expected another significant achievement a third consecutive time but made it happen - my 9th lifetime 1400 plus six game series....

[image]

After a split in the 8th frame of the final game, thought the 1400+ was out of the picture until I shot double strikes there after.....The first fill shot was actually a good pocket hit that left the nasty 7-10 corner pins split, and somehow the corner 7 pin fell real late right when the pinsetter lowered but did not touch the pin when it fell and even fooled the sensor not catching the pin falling, so I had to adjust the score where the picture shows the green 9 in the 10th fill frame, and had to convert the corner 10 pin to reach the 1400 milestone which I had done.

4046 total pinfall in last 18 games - a 224 average.

1975 Ford F250 2WD Ranger XLT (Owned June 2013)
460 V8- C6 Trans- 3.73:1 (176K Total Mi)
2000 Fleetwood Angler 8ft Cabover
Air Lift 1000 (Front)
Hellwig 3500 lb Helper Springs (rear)
Hellwig Front and Rear Sway Bars
Goodyear G971 LT Series (siped)

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/21 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Awesome scores. I haven't bowled in years. We used to bowl as a family almost every weekend. Up here in New England it was candle pin or duck pin, not 10 pin. My sister was in a league and was quite the bowler. My husband and I used to go a lot as well. Might be time to try again.

If all goes well I will be in North Pole in June. Fingers crossed!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Last Three Sessions of Bowling to End 2020
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.