RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Arctic package black tank valve not shutting

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Arctic package black tank valve not shutting

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ernie1

Sacramento,California,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/21 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had the three different types of valves(t handle, cable and electric) and much prefer the electrically operated ones. I don't remember the brand name but the ones I have have metal gears and have been operating flawlessly for 5 years now and I love em. With that said, I can access them easily and lube the blades annually. They're about $200 each but totally worth it to me.

cavie

Port Charlotte Fl/ Hindsdale MA

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/21 05:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

some rigs the installer was too lazy to cut the cable down. Long cables cause tension.need them as short as possible.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

lamopar

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/21 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today it is not raining hard so I am going to try and open the plastic up under the trailer and see if I can get a look at the valve. Good to know what others have been through and what people like. I'll definitely check the length of the cable and hopefully it will be obvious what is holding things up.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/21 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don’t believe that anyone mentioned another possibility, manufacturing debris such as the cutouts for the tank, can be left inside and find their way to the valve. You will know when the valve is removed.

lamopar

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/21 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well after working on it for an hour today I found what I believe to be a few problems. The rod part of the cable I believe is bent causing binding as it passes through the initial part where the handle is. I did. manage to get the valve to close once and afterwards it is not closing again and is super hard to actuate. I tried putting some dry lube into the thing but it did not help. I was able to lower some of the plastic but the propane line runs below it. I see the bottom of the valve and it has a bunch of spray foam holing things in place so I just need to remove that and then I believe I can get to the valve enough to remove it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Arctic package black tank valve not shutting
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.