|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is 70 to old to travel with a RV

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/21 01:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bikendan wrote:

IAMICHABOD wrote:

I think that was your thoughts 4 years ago [emoticon][emoticon]

If you've been a long time member, you're not surprised that Supercharged is the OP.[emoticon]

Not at all.....I was wondering if he was still among us,good to know he still is,he has been known to have large gaps in posting...always a kick to read some of his trolling posts and the answers that are posted some times are hilarious always a good read.I was hoping for something new from him,we need some levity with all this #### going on.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/21 01:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Supercharged wrote:

I think 70 is just to old to travel out of state with a RV,

Didn't you post a similar comment last year?

I agree. Lets enforce it so more available camping spots for those of us under 70.

Maybe the new admin will come up with such a law as a part of the NGD.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/21 01:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer wrote:

It all depends on you physical and mental condition.

No laws that I am aware of to prevent you from traveling or driving a RV..

My Dad towed his 5th wheel up into his Eighties out of state, but personally his driving was not good, eyesight was bad and mentally was not as sharp as when he was in his 60's.. Got bad enough that my Mom refused to travel with him anymore and he finally gave it up and the trailer sat in the backyard for the next 8 yrs until he gave it to my Brother..

Have to be aware of your own health, physically and mentally and be prepared to say that it is time to hang it up before hurting someone..

This pretty much covers it, it isn’t age it is physical and mental health! I just turned 70 and can still keep up with 30 and 40 year olds. Yes I feel it at the end of the day, but have been active all my life, I consider myself lucky to still have my health and strength.
I know those in the 80’s doing as good as I , and also those 10 years younger that are all stoved up. My DW is also still active and pretty healthy.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

QCMan

Grand Strand

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/21 02:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am not sure if it is still in effect but the only thing that I know about that happens at 70 is that if you live in Ontario you need to take another driving test. Just a year shy of that mark and have shortened my driving distance per day but I sure hope that when I hit that mark nobody comes to cement my tt to it's pad so that I can't use it any more. If they do they might become like Jimmy Hoffa. (Embedded in cement).

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.

Ltrip

Reno, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/21 02:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer wrote:

My Dad towed his 5th wheel up into his Eighties out of state, but personally his driving was not good, eyesight was bad and mentally was not as sharp as when he was in his 60's.. Got bad enough that my Mom refused to travel with him anymore and he finally gave it up and the trailer sat in the backyard for the next 8 yrs until he gave it to my Brother..

Have to be aware of your own health, physically and mentally and be prepared to say that it is time to hang it up before hurting someone..

This nails it. It is not your age, it is your physical and mental state. And being honest when those degrade, as they will, and quit.
I am 71 and have many more years planned to RV and ride my motorcycle!
Cheers,

Larie Trippet Reno/Tahoe region
2018 Ford F250 Lariat Ultimate CC SB 4X4 diesel
2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
2019 BMW R1250RT

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/21 02:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Older guys purchase trucks with training wheels, to help keep their balance when towing. Also helps them judge distance, when they hear their hips scraping, one side, or other.

Jerry

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/21 02:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ltrip wrote:

Gdetrailer wrote:

This nails it. It is not your age, it is your physical and mental state. And being honest when those degrade, as they will, and quit.
I am 71 and have many more years planned to RV and ride my motorcycle!
Cheers,

Sadly, toward my Dads end of life, Dementia clouded him into thinking that "all is well" with him and blamed everything that went wrong on others.

Dementia is a cruel, cruel fate that can take even the smartest and wisest person and eat up their knowledge without the person realizing it..

It was very difficult and painful to have to take away his keys and vehicles, they were his life..

RoyF

Fayetteville Arkansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/21 02:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At 78, wife and I drove from Arkansas to Goose Bay, Labrador, and on to Newfoundland. The round trip was 11,000 miles.

I'm now 81 and still going strong, but my 2008 F350 is showing signs of age with some of its sensors and accessories. I'm waiting on delivery of a 2021 F350 diesel, and am busy thinking about 2021 trips.

EgorKC

Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/21 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My FIL just renewed his CDL at 84. Drives a truck locally 5-6 days a week for about 7 months of the year. Saves that cash to pay for he and wife to take their Diesel pusher to RGV for 3-4 months each winter to golf, meet old friends and enjoy the warmer weather. I'm planning to keep in the RV that long too.

You cannot stop growing old but you don't have to grow up. ">
Chef/Pilot
DW/Navigator
2 Sons, 1 DIL, 3 Grandsons, 1 Granddaughter. Boz the cat">
2012 F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke 4X4 SWD Crewcab.
2012 Wildcat 313RE-OK

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/21 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope to RV until I feel unsafe. I'm aiming at 80 to 85.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is 70 to old to travel with a RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.