|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Vaccinations

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
1995brave

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/21 02:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got a call from my doctors office and am scheduled for my shot on Wednesday. I'm 68 with some issues.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/21 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilpower wrote:

The vaccines are paid for by the Federal Gvmt., so here in Fla. snowbirds are getting vaccinated.

That's true - BUT: they made it available to folks 65 and over. In FL, that's hundreds of thousands per county, so there's a fierce battle for any available vaccinations; and a growing resentment on the part of some Floridians that out-of-staters are "stealing their vaccine".

I will continue to sign up for a slot via appointment (how Brevard is handling it); but not sure I would want to be in a first-come/first-served line (how a few counties are handling it) with my Michigan license plate

Bowti

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/21 12:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

My sister and brother in law are over 65 in Sarasota County Florida, and can't get on any list either. They are told no vaccines available. Apparently, according to my sister, they have basically frozen the list across Florida.

Mike

There are some interesting reads about production of the vaccine, and how the licensing and patents are, or can effect the production of the vaccine.

https://reliefweb.int/report/world/pfizer-and-moderna-vaccines-can-only-be-scaled-globally-if-many-more-suppliers-can

https://www.statnews.com/2020/12/11/covid19-vaccine-timeline-keeps-slipping-experts-say-it-will-change-again/

BarbaraOK

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/21 10:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got our appointments for the end of January in Maricopa County, Arizona

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006
Figment II (2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ">
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761
Our Blog

Bowti

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/21 05:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not as much positive information that I had hoped for. Maybe it is just too early in the role out to have us Snowbirds become that eligible for the vaccine. Hopefully things will improve soon. Stay safe.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/21 09:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still ramping up in all areas. I believe vaccine will be coming sooner than you think. My FIL was vaccinated on the first day of the local roll out and it was a madhouse by the story I heard. I think I would still wait a week or two if you have a local mass vaccination getting started.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

pawatt

Brainerd MN / Palmview TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/21 09:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

6500 vaccines given today in the McAllen TX area today but they ran out much before the demand.

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/21 07:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Up date on us oldsters.
We got a call yesterday from our county health departement up in the NC mountains and we can get the vaccination today or tomorrow, (which is impossible since we are in Key largo, Fl) or we can get it next Wednesday or Thursday.
We will be leaving here bright and early Monday morning with a one night stay in a motel and getting it Wednesday.

Then we will repeat the trip to get the second shot.

Our Stimulus check will pay for the motels and gas, (if we ever get it)

I think some one here in Florida is pulling us senior's legs. For two weeks now they have been saying on TV that seniors 75 and over regardless where you are from can get the vaccination and here in the Florida county where I own property and pay the taxes, the county has everyone on hold.

Guy

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/21 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Florida's Gov DeSantis said ALL people who meet the criteria, will be vaccinated. It's a Federal Program (and let's face it, it's the older folks who tie up the ICUs).

I'm currently in Brevard County - they are using the Eventbrite online registration system, and it works quite well, although they still have far too many people trying to get registered for the available slots. I figure with each group who gets vaccinated, the odds of getting a slot improve :-)

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/21 10:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am 79. Called the VA, got in the next day. I arrived at the designated time and was in and out in about 15 min. Imagine that!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Vaccinations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.