|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Vaccinations

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bowti

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/21 11:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is encouraging to hear some positive reports. It amazes me as to what some good news can do to elevate one's spirit. We are all in this together, stay safe.

Bluhorn

Sunny Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/21 07:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I received a call on the 11th from my Dr and she told she had it and did I want it? Hell Yea! **** near broke my leg getting there. Got shot and already have appt for second one.
The County Health Depts are inundated with calls trying to set up appts but it will smooth out. Im in a rural town in SW Florida and I know its frustrating trying to get an appt. It will happen people. Last Feb we were in Key West with not a thought of Covid. Look how fast they got a vaccine out. Good Luck to everybody!

1993 Dodge D 250 Cummins Club Cab
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
2006 Wildcat 28RK
2018 Sunset Trail 210FK
Kodi the Wonder Dog!

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/21 11:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Florida's Gov DeSantis said ALL people who meet the criteria, will be vaccinated. It's a Federal Program (and let's face it, it's the older folks who tie up the ICUs).

I'm currently in Brevard County - they are using the Eventbrite online registration system, and it works quite well, although they still have far too many people trying to get registered for the available slots. I figure with each group who gets vaccinated, the odds of getting a slot improve :-)

And now (January 21st) I have to take that back - DeSantis NOW says anyone getting vaccine needs to prove they have 30+ days of residence in Florida. If you don't have a FL drivers license or State-issued ID, they will want to see recent receipts for utilities/property taxes paid/rent or mortgage payments/lease or rental agreements, etc. I'm pretty sure most Snowbirds can come up with the residency proof they will require.

There's a lot of rumors going around about "vaccine tourism" and the folks who try day after day to get a vaccination are pointing their frustration at the "Snowbirds". Personally, it's so darned hard to get a vaccination scheduled, I'm not sure how anyone would dare drive down here with only the thought of getting a shot in their minds.... I just read that a recent vaccine availability in Brevard County had over 268 THOUSAND people phoning in :-(

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/21 12:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Inland in Seminole County, vaccinations have been suspended. No vaccines available to administer.

Hopefully things will improve when the FDA approves the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. One injection, the vaccine doesn't require exotic storage measures which should make distribution on a wide scale easier. Only downside: since it's an "old school" vaccine and not a biologic like the Moderna & Pfizer vaccines, production takes longer.

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/21 12:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another up date on us oldsters !
We made the round trip from the Keys to the NC mountains, got our first shot of the Moderna vaccine and got back yesterday afternoon.
An interesting point on the paper work was the fact that they would give it to anyone 65 or older no matter what state they were from.
They said we should be able to get the second shot any place they are giving shots since it is the Federal government that is setting the guidelines.
Kind of tells me that local mayors and county Boards of health are making their own rules!

What ever- We are quite happy right now and we'll see how the rest goes with the second shot

Guy

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/21 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have to ask. Florida's positive test rate has been ranging from 8-13% since before Christmas. Deaths surpassed 25,000 today. Why in hell would any " migratory geezer" willingly come down here now? And like every other state, vaccine demand is outstripping supply and distribution to counties is rag tag and uneven at best.

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/21 05:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

Have to ask. Florida's positive test rate has been ranging from 8-13% since before Christmas. Deaths surpassed 25,000 today. Why in hell would any " migratory geezer" willingly come down here now? And like every other state, vaccine demand is outstripping supply and distribution to counties is rag tag and uneven at best.

Probably because we have two homes that we pay taxes on. One in the north that we pay taxes on, and one in Florida that we pay taxes on.
And along with that we probably grew up with ice and snow and loved it as kids and young adults at the time but now as "old geezers" like the sunshine and warm better.
And lastly maybe like us; in our northern county the percent of covid positives went higher than our Florida county's did

Guy

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/21 06:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now I feel stupid. We leave next week for two months on the Gulf of Mexico beach. We’ll get vaccinated in April when we get home and don’t have to stand in line.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/21 06:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Florida's Gov DeSantis said ALL people who meet the criteria, will be vaccinated. It's a Federal Program (and let's face it, it's the older folks who tie up the ICUs).

I'm currently in Brevard County - they are using the Eventbrite online registration system, and it works quite well, although they still have far too many people trying to get registered for the available slots. I figure with each group who gets vaccinated, the odds of getting a slot improve :-)

Not anymore,unless your a Florida resident. No more snowbirds unless you already had the 1st shot....and then only if they have enough "extra"

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/21 07:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jetboater454 wrote:

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Not anymore,unless your a Florida resident. No more snowbirds unless you already had the 1st shot....and then only if they have enough "extra"

I spent hours this morning staring at the qualifications as I hoped to score a vaccination along with a million other people (no luck on my part). They now want people to prove that they are "seasonal residents" for more than 30 days in FL. I would think almost all Snowbirds could make that qualification by bringing along a lease or rental agreement, utility bill, etc. In my case, I own a condo. So technically, it's the "vaccine tourists" they are turning away - not Snowbirds.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Vaccinations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.