|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Aquahot issues

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
C20

Shawnee KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/21 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you Doug. We did the annual service on it before we left for the winter. The boiler looked like it had never been used at all. Everything in it looked brand new. The ignitors did need realignment, and that was done. It fires right up, and is running on diesel. The pumps have clear covers on them. Wish I had posted this before we left and stopped in Dallas!
Thank you very much for your help. I'll start troubleshooting

2015 Monaco Dynasty
97 jeep wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The NEW style Pump is designed for ALL previous model Aqua Hots. That means if you have the clear cap, the kit comes with new mounts and extra hoses and clamps and is NOT a exact replacement mount. You have to use the parts in the kit to retrofit the new style pump and mount to your model Aqua Hot. Doug

C20

Shawnee KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/15/21 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Big time kudos to trainer who came out today and got me running!

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/21 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is always courteous to respond with what they found to fix your problem, so others who have a similar problem can learn. Doug

C20

Shawnee KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/21 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doug,
I had two issues. Pump #2 had been replaced but was air locked. Pump #3 had failed and Rudy bypassed it and pump #2 is taking its place.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/21 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

C20 wrote:

Doug,
I had two issues. Pump #2 had been replaced but was air locked. Pump #3 had failed and Rudy bypassed it and pump #2 is taking its place.

Please state Model Number of Aqua Hot. There are NO extra pumps. So if pump "3" is bad, then that is the Stir Pump and has to operate independently. Most Aqua Hots have just 2 Zones, hence 2 Zone Pumps. LARGER models will have 3 Zones and 3 Zone Pumps. BUT at no time can you run 2 zones on one pump. Is it because he had no parts available? So, you are awaiting a part(Pump) and complete fix? Doug

older_fossil

USA (fulltiming)

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/21 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

C20 wrote:

Doug,

Please state Model Number of Aqua Hot. There are NO extra pumps. So if pump "3" is bad, then that is the Stir Pump and has to operate independently. Most Aqua Hots have just 2 Zones, hence 2 Zone Pumps. LARGER models will have 3 Zones and 3 Zone Pumps. BUT at no time can you run 2 zones on one pump. Is it because he had no parts available? So, you are awaiting a part(Pump) and complete fix? Doug

The original post stated that it is a 450D (same as ours). The only thing I can think of is if he has the engine preheat option, one could swap that pump with the failed pump until a replacement is available. I agree that a bit more detail on what was done would be useful.

Art

Art & Barbara
2016 Tiffin AB 37AP
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/21 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

older_fossil wrote:

dougrainer wrote:

C20 wrote:

Doug,

The original post stated that it is a 450D (same as ours). The only thing I can think of is if he has the engine preheat option, one could swap that pump with the failed pump until a replacement is available. I agree that a bit more detail on what was done would be useful.

Art

The engine Pre heat pump is on the opposite side of the unit and is NOT the same type pump. A 450D only has 2 zones. So. something is strange about what that Tech stated he did. I fail to see how you could use the Stir Pump interconnected to the Zone 2 pump without doing a lot of added hoses and "T" fittings. BUT for continous Hot water AND not using Zone 2 for Heating(Furnace), The pump(Zone 2) would NOT run and not act as a Stir Pump. Doug

C20

Shawnee KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/21 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doug,
I'm not an expert in how they operate, but all he did was jump a switch on the circuit board and it operates like the 400 series aqua hot with two pumps. That's the way i understand it. I'm sure trainer could answer your questions, he's been working on them for for 25 years. As i said I'm no expert but he is.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/21 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

C20 wrote:

Doug,
I'm not an expert in how they operate, but all he did was jump a switch on the circuit board and it operates like the 400 series aqua hot with two pumps. That's the way i understand it. I'm sure trainer could answer your questions, he's been working on them for for 25 years. As i said I'm no expert but he is.

Sorry, he has worked on them for 25 years and he does a Mickey Mouse repair like what he did? Your 450D is NOT functioning like it should and if you paid him you got taken. He should have fixed it correctly OR he should have told you, I got you running, but you need to get it repaired correctly. I am assuming he did this.

Note: In order to get pump #2 to activate at the proper time
there is a jumper pin connecting pump #2 and Pump #3 on
the electronic controller. There is no Pump #3 on the Aqua
Hot 400 series.

YOU HAVE A PUMP 3 WHICH IS THE STIR PUMP. The 400 does not. So, it appears you NEED Pump 3 replaced which is the Stir Pump. He should have told you this. Doug

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Aquahot issues
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.