RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Oil rubbed bronze Handheld Showerhead

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Oil rubbed bronze Handheld Showerhead

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
TenOC

On the road -- Full time

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/21 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The new to us 5th wheel came with a less than desirable showerhead. The “handheld” showerhead is on an adjustable vertical pipe to raise the height, and is what I think is called oil rubbed bronze.

We dry camp often; thus, I am looking for showerhead that does not use a lot of water. I have looked at Lowe’s and also online and there are a wide variety of bronze showerheads.

A number of you have suggested an Oxygeneics showerhead in previous postings. Oxygeneics makes a wide variety of showerheads but very few oil rubbed bronze.

I am looking for real life recommendation. Thank you.

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

craig7h

Branson MO area

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/21 04:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To me the Oxygenics 26488 BodySpa RV Handheld Shower is the best. I have put it in my past 3 RVs and have no complaints. Water pressure is great vs. water usage. For you however it only comes in chrome and white. I think you are going to have to make a choice.

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/21 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many showerheads have a restrictor built in that controls the water flow to a government accepted rate. It looks like a washer with a small hole in it. If you can find that restrictor maybe there is a way to duplicate it with a smaller hole.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/21 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the main diffrence with an rv style one is the abillity to turn it off at the showerhead so you dont waste water. You will not get that with a water restricter or at a box store. They are correct on the oxagenics ones even though i went with a knock off brand. If you are saving water, you need an rv type showerhead.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

TenOC

On the road -- Full time

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/21 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sjm9911 wrote:

They are correct on the oxagenics ones even though i went with a knock off brand.

What knockoff brand did you purchase? Are you happy?

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/21 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You could always take apart the shower head and block off part of the flow at the screen. A little epoxy or glue and allow less flow through.
$0 low flow shower!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/21 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its a cheapo one, its not great. But it beats filling up the gray tank when the 9 yo is in the shower. Lol. Ill look to see what i got.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/21 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0713MVT1M?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Before the covid we didn't use the shower in the camper much, but now its all we use when we go out. Like i said a chepo. Im sure you can find something that works on amazon. If its **** return it.

soon2bexpat

roaming the South West

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/21 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went to the link provided for the cheapo showerhead and see that it's the one I bought in 8/17. Still going strong and I full-time, so can recommend it. Not sure how it compares to water usage compared to the oxygenics, though.

My vintage photo collection: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g

Lenny K

Vancouver Island or Quartzsite

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the rubbed bronze shower fixtures and when I replaced the shower head with the Oxygenics I simply found some plastic spray paint to match. Make sure you clean the Oxygenics with alcohol good to remove any oil residues before spraying. Ours still looks good after 5 years.

Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Oil rubbed bronze Handheld Showerhead
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.