|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TCs and Covid Vaccinations

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/21 01:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

Strange that some jurisdictions give the vaccine on first come basis, when in other jurisdiction high-risk people are put on long wait.

The recommendations are changing to match the real world.

The original intent was good.
- Get the medical staff first as they have a high exposure rate and have to get in close proximity to others increasing the possibility of transmission to new people.
- Deaths are almost exclusively in the 65+ range, so hitting old folks homes first would impact those most likely to die.

In practice, it was a complicated to document who these people were and how to get it out to them. The latest recommendation is anyone over 65 or under 65 with a serious co-morbidity. Realistically, it will take a week or two to get the states onto the new plan and then it will take time to actually vaccinate everyone over 65.

But we are already up around 1mil per day vaccinated, so end of March, I would expect the majority of high risk/old folks who want the vaccine will have the vaccine. At that point, we should see the death/hospitalizations tail off rapidly.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 01:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

I got so many shots in the Army,this one is nothing,I won't be standing in line with both tshirt sleaves rolled up with exploding blood vessels from the air guns,in front of me...[emoticon]

Remember this well. Also recall the TB test needles that were a small needle with a bulb holding the reagent. They gave 4 injections just under the skin on the under side of both forearms. They used the same needle on 180 men at least. They held the needle over a candle or alcohol burner to sterilize between men. The needle would sizzle when it went into your arm.

towpro

Compass PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 01:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

in FL right now they only are giving shots to 65 years old or older as well as medical/healthcare workers with ID. My FL county is also doing First come first serve. they tried reservations but it killed the pone system so they just gave up.

I am not 65, so I wait. at the rate they are going it will be 1 year until they get to people under 65.

Oh and there is stories of people flying in just to get shots, even from other countries. One news show said 7% of shots are going to people who don't even live in FL.

Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz.

Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 02:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

I won't waste my time waiting in line for an unproven vaccine with questionable side-effects, kind of like not buying a new car in it's first production year until the kinks are worked out. I'll give it some time to prove itself before I partake. Even with the vaccine, people still have to wear masks and follow the protocols.

Wow! With that mindset Covid will be around a long time for some people.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/21 02:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

towpro wrote:

Oh and there is stories of people flying in just to get shots, even from other countries. One news show said 7% of shots are going to people who don't even live in FL.

A little bit of information can be dangerous (or purposely misleading).

Snowbirds make up a significant percentage of the winter population (especially the 65plus crowd), they will typically show up as people "who don't even live in FL" but in reality they do live in FL in the winter.

They may be able to come up with the stray example of someone flying in but no evidence it's anything significant.

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My DW was scheduled for her 1st shot in Galveston on Monday. They informed her yesterday that has been cancelled because the governor decided to send all doses to major metro areas. So her shot went to Houston and she has to wait until who knows when. Her PCP couldn't tell her how to get 1 now. So Close

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/21 04:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2, bgum.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 04:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo*Boy wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

I won't waste my time waiting in line for an unproven vaccine with questionable side-effects, kind of like not buying a new car in it's first production year until the kinks are worked out. I'll give it some time to prove itself before I partake. Even with the vaccine, people still have to wear masks and follow the protocols.

Wow! With that mindset Covid will be around a long time for some people.

In the healthcare community they are of a mindset where somewhere between 30% to 40% of healthcare workers are refusing to take the vaccine, now what?

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/21 05:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

Covid had not altered my camping s far and I doubt that it will.

I'm not worried about it altering my camping, I'm worried about it altering my LIVING!! I'll take the vaccine as soon as it's open for persons with compromised immune systems from cancer and auto-immune diseases.

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

lap527

Ocala, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We drove by a vaccination site the other day and the led sign said No Campers! The thought had already crossed my mind too but not sure if it was just that site or general rule. Doesn't make any sense to me but just stating what I saw. That was in Citrus county Florida.

2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TCs and Covid Vaccinations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.