|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TCs and Covid Vaccinations

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 05:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merrykalia wrote:

specta wrote:

Covid had not altered my camping s far and I doubt that it will.

I'm not worried about it altering my camping, I'm worried about it altering my LIVING!! I'll take the vaccine as soon as it's open for persons with compromised immune systems from cancer and auto-immune diseases.

And I'm not worried about it affecting my living either.

I have no interest or desire to ever take the vaccine.

I've had aggressive Stage IV cancer. It was cured by building my immune system to kill the cancer rather than destroying my immune system and everything else to kill the cancer.

If people feel that will benefit from it then by all means go for it.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
6580 lb truck 10540 fully loaded

towpro

Compass PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 06:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lap527 wrote:

We drove by a vaccination site the other day and the led sign said No Campers!

in fact they are not even allowing you in the parking areas around Orlando until 7:00 am the day of. once the line spills over into the street they sent everyone not in line down the road.

but my neighbor drove by at 11:00m, they let them get in line and they were out by 2:00, both wife and himself got 1st shots.

Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz.

Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 06:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

If people feel that will benefit from it then by all means go for it.

Ditto. If you want it, get it and if you don't want it, then don't. If I was 25 and skinny instead of +65 and fat, I wouldn't be getting either. Freedom is a beautiful thing. [emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 06:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

Glad to hear you guys went South this winter. We stayed up North but so far it hasn't been bad (Green Grass here!). You can always go to Walmart and buy a tent and a couple of sleeping bags and make it a real adventure. hehehehe

Hi Rob! Yeah, not much snow at our Michigan home, either. I could probably snooze in the bed of the pickup, but using the portapotty might get me into trouble and I'd lose my place in line....LOL!!!!!

Deb and Ed M

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 06:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

towpro wrote:

Oh and there is stories of people flying in just to get shots, even from other countries. One news show said 7% of shots are going to people who don't even live in FL.

A little bit of information can be dangerous (or purposely misleading).

Snowbirds make up a significant percentage of the winter population (especially the 65plus crowd), they will typically show up as people "who don't even live in FL" but in reality they do live in FL in the winter.

They may be able to come up with the stray example of someone flying in but no evidence it's anything significant.

I DO carry my property tax bill in my purse to prove I'm a FL taxpayer, just in case.... and I agree that those people "flying in" (AKA "vaccine tourism") still have to go through the marathon of securing a spot for a shot.

Deb and Ed M

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/21 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lap527 wrote:

We drove by a vaccination site the other day and the led sign said No Campers! The thought had already crossed my mind too but not sure if it was just that site or general rule. Doesn't make any sense to me but just stating what I saw. That was in Citrus county Florida.

Ahhhh...good to know (now I feel better about leaving the TC at home). Maybe it's because as someone posted previously, they are too tall for the canopies??

ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 06:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

I won't waste my time waiting in line for an unproven vaccine with questionable side-effects, kind of like not buying a new car in it's first production year until the kinks are worked out. I'll give it some time to prove itself before I partake. Even with the vaccine, people still have to wear masks and follow the protocols.

The vaccines may not be 100 percent proven but COVID 19 is a proven killer , 389k and counting

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Deb and Ed M

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ticki2 wrote:

The vaccines may not be 100 percent proven but COVID 19 is a proven killer , 389k and counting

Agreed; and there doesn't seem to be a count of people who have survived a bout of Covid, but required massive hospitalizations, organ transplants, body part amputations; or will be living with a damaged heart or lungs for the rest of their lives. Last night's NBC news mentioned that people who have survived Covid often have lungs that are in worse shape than a lifelong heavy smoker :-(

TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/15/21 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2112 wrote:

My DW was scheduled for her 1st shot in Galveston on Monday. They informed her yesterday that has been cancelled because the governor decided to send all doses to major metro areas. So her shot went to Houston and she has to wait until who knows when. Her PCP couldn't tell her how to get 1 now. So Close

Call all Brookshire Brothers grocery stores within a distance you would drive to. Call the store main number and ask for the pharmacy. They should tell you when you can get on their list. If you call the pharmacy number you will get a recording that is the same for all the stores. We got on the list at our store within walking distance and got the first Moderna vaccine within 7 days.

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Geewizard

WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo*Boy wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

I won't waste my time waiting in line for an unproven vaccine with questionable side-effects, kind of like not buying a new car in it's first production year until the kinks are worked out. I'll give it some time to prove itself before I partake. Even with the vaccine, people still have to wear masks and follow the protocols.

Wow! With that mindset Covid will be around a long time for some people.

x2!

2004 Outfitter Apex 8
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
200W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
Wave 3 Heater
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TCs and Covid Vaccinations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.