|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TCs and Covid Vaccinations

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 02:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NRALIFR wrote:

To you as well!

If any of you are ever going through Little Rock on I-40, you need to stop by NRALIFR’s Bar and Grill. I know the owner, and he’ll treat you well. [emoticon]

[image]

[emoticon][emoticon]

[image]

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
6580 lb truck 10540 fully loaded

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 04:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

d3500ram wrote:

Thanks for the respectful dialog given differing views. I thought this thread would be deleted after the first post.

TC'ers are a different breed and I truly believe that I could have a beer with each and every one of you around a campfire and have a good conversation despite opposing view points.

Kudos, fellow campers.

I totally agree! This is just my humble opinion and not being snarky OK, I think if you want the shot then you should get it. If you don't want it you shouldn't. I think both sides should be able to exercise there god given freedoms and make a choice that's good for them and no one else. Lets face it, Not a lot is known about Covid 19 and I am suspect about the whole thing because of China and of course the political environment here in the states. The doctor in the ER told me some truths about the whole thing that I won't pass on to you here because I respect you all. I am on a ton of forums. This one is the best because of the age of the members. No offense. I left another forum recently because of the millennial crowd just biting my head off every time I said something. Frankly I'm just not that smart and savvy enough to catch on sometimes and things go right over my head. Not here. Members are very truthful with each other here and very down to earth. There is no deceptive motive included in there statements. I appreciate that. The back and forth here is about the usual stuff like the weight issue and other TC things that we all have a passion about. Thanks for taking me on. God bless you all...

mr_andyj

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 05:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wait as long as possible.
Wait, wait, wait!!!! !!!!

There are better cures on the way we are told. Wait. Too many deaths and illness already associated with the vax that CDC tells us will not protect us from the virus anyway.

WAIT !!!! !!!!

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Publix

Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 06:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

notsobigjoe wrote:

I totally agree! This is just my humble opinion and not being snarky OK, I think if you want the shot then you should get it. If you don't want it you shouldn't. I think both sides should be able to exercise there god given freedoms and make a choice that's good for them and no one else. Lets face it, Not a lot is known about Covid 19 and I am suspect about the whole thing because of China and of course the political environment here in the states. The doctor in the ER told me some truths about the whole thing that I won't pass on to you here because I respect you all. I am on a ton of forums. This one is the best because of the age of the members. No offense. I left another forum recently because of the millennial crowd just biting my head off every time I said something. Frankly I'm just not that smart and savvy enough to catch on sometimes and things go right over my head. Not here. Members are very truthful with each other here and very down to earth. There is no deceptive motive included in there statements. I appreciate that. The back and forth here is about the usual stuff like the weight issue and other TC things that we all have a passion about. Thanks for taking me on. God bless you all...

I totally agree with you.

[image]

All three of these ladies are front line workers in a hospital and they just got their 2nd dose. I have known two of them for over 10 years.

When I started volunteering there several years ago they did some blood work on me to determine what vaccine's I'd had because I had no idea what vaccinations I got when I was in elementary school. That was a long time ago. [emoticon]

I'd missed a big one and I'd never had a flu shot. So I agreed to get them so I didn't have to wear a mask while volunteering.

The vaccinations went on my medical record but I was never given a piece of paper stating that I had received them.

What is it that they're holding?? Is it something that they need to carry with them to prove they received the Covid 19 vaccination??

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/15/21 07:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

notsobigjoe wrote:

I totally agree with you.

[image]

All three of these ladies are front line workers in a hospital and they just got their 2nd dose. I have known two of them for over 10 years.

When I started volunteering there several years ago they did some blood work on me to determine what vaccine's I'd had because I had no idea what vaccinations I got when I was in elementary school. That was a long time ago. [emoticon]

I'd missed a big one and I'd never had a flu shot. So I agreed to get them so I didn't have to wear a mask while volunteering.

The vaccinations went on my medical record but I was never given a piece of paper stating that I had received them.

What is it that they're holding?? Is it something that they need to carry with them to prove they received the Covid 19 vaccination??

My wife and I nicknamed what they're holding a "Freedom Card", because once you've gotten both shots, medical workers at least, are sent a laminated Covid vaccination proof card.

She's half way in on her vaccination already, Moderna vaccine for her.

Other than being fuzzy headed for a couple days (most of which she mitigated using plain old aspirin) and the injection site being sore in a similar fashion to a tetanus shot, she pretty much went back to normal after about a week.

The second dose is usually the one expected to cause a greater immune reaction than the first, where you potentially will have cold-like symptoms for a period afterwards.

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

pconroy328

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 08:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

I have no interest or desire to ever take the vaccine.

I've had aggressive Stage IV cancer. It was cured by building my immune system to kill the cancer rather than destroying my immune system and everything else to kill the cancer.

If people feel that will benefit from it then by all means go for it.

Well - there's one twist - Cancer isn't contagious. But like someone else said, anyone refusing just means I get to move up a spot in line.

pconroy328

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 08:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr_andyj wrote:

Wait as long as possible.
There are better cures on the way we are told. Wait. Too many deaths and illness already associated with the vax that CDC tells us will not protect us from the virus anyway.

WAIT !!!! !!!!

You are entitled to your opinion. Informed or otherwise.

That's the wonderful thing about this country - no one will ever force you to get vaccinated.

But your post is misinformed.

Stay safe!

d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

.... - no one will ever force you to get vaccinated.

I would not bank on that statement. We are in a brave new world of constraints on freedom.

Wanna travel? Show us proof of vaccination.
Wanna go to school? Show us proof of vaccination.
Wanna shop in our store? Show us proof of vaccination.
Wanna be a part of society? Show us your papers.

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/21 09:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m not at all against vaccinations, but proof of this one is well on its way to becoming the latest form of virtue signaling.

We may very well find our society with a new, permanent underclass of “untouchables” soon.

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TCs and Covid Vaccinations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.