|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Credit Card Fraud

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/21 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be aware of any CC numbers stored on companies you shop frequently.
They like to have a credit card number on file to make purchasing quicker.
I sometimes use Pay Pal and they had my card number on file. I check my CC accounts daily. Pay Pal also emails me when a purchase is made.
Received 3 emails at the same time. Some one did a $20./$40 and $50.Filed a dispute on line and they immediately reversed those charges. Called the CC company and they locked my card and removed the charges.
I have since removed my CC from their sites so when making purchases at Amazon and Pay Pal I will now enter the card number each time I purchase.

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/21 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought something or the other a couple weeks ago online. Got an email saying I needed to call and update my information, as they suspected fraud.
Well the bank doesn't call wanting updates over the phone, like that. They will call if they suspect fraud but call asking to update contact information.
We have received calls and emails from "Social Security" about "money laundering and to contact such and such a person or agent? immediately or an arrest warrant would be issued that day,I think. from the "Treasury Department" and several others and Credit scams. The list is too varied and long to remember them all.
We have referred some of them to the real federal agencies and banks and blocked many numbers and email addresses but it does no good.They come from everywhere in the world and numbers are spoofed and emails..well them too I suppose.
But it is clear these people are aware of some of our Internet bill paying and purchases...when there scams, from those same names of the Credit Cards and Businesses are right after, within hours or a day of some transaction.yet they don't have all the information except maybe the people who bought wrinkle cream from Washington State and the other instances where we had to get the charges removed and they issued new cards. it didn't use to be so bad until we go the notice from OMB that the Chinese stole ours and lot of others information, I think. That was 5 years ago, now.

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/21 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

p220sigman wrote:

We have one card that we only use when traveling so any incorrect charges are very easy to ID. We've had it compromised twice so far and both times caught it immediately because we have the card set to where we get an email and text notification of any charges.

I have both my Bank of America issued credit cards set up the same way. Whenever I use them, Within a minute or so I receive a phone message telling me where and how much. I virtually never use cash any more, just cards, although I do carry a very small amount of cash. I don't know if the bank employs the same system for a debit card, but I should check on that.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/21 01:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get instant notifications of card activity.....here's my card ID if anyone is interested in verifying.

5176 3154 2226 5601 SC 293

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Credit Card Fraud
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.