RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: East Coast Road Trip????? Pandemic?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> East Coast Road Trip????? Pandemic?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/21 09:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guy Roan wrote:

Crowe wrote:

So you want me to read something that I have to log in ?
I don't think so!
If you want me to read something, copy it and post it here.
We just had several people from NY pull in here today and they overnighted along the way

Guy

No need to be hostile. I didn't have to log in to read it and I don't have an account with the NYT. Article is too long to reprint. Suffice it to say if someone is planning out of state travel to make sure they can abide by the rules if there are any. Not a big deal.

I didn't mean to be hostile
I clicked on what you posted and in order to read it I was required to log on, and they wanted my e-mail address
Do you give your e-mail address to any one that asks for it ?

Guy

I was able to access the NYT link without needing to put in a email address or login.. Some places like NYT like to randomly hit you with a paywall upfront and sometimes they allow you to look at things..

I would copy and paste it to this thread but as said, it IS a long, long article that would take considerable amount of time and effort.

It IS possible if someone wanted to they could copy and paste the text (minus the pictures and other click bait stuff) into say a word doc, save as a PDF then upload to a sharable google drive location and then post a shareable link..

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/21 09:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MOD'S NOTE: I'm pretty sure that copying/pasting copyrighted material and hosting it someplace else to get around their pay-gate is pretty illegal. Let's please not do that here.

And as for the back and forth over the login, I don't think anyone meant any offense. Let's please shake hands and move along.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/21 02:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's please shake hands and move along.

Only if there's a bottle of hand sanitizer handy! [emoticon]

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/21 02:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DrewE wrote:

A lot of states seem to be going to reservation only for their state park campgrounds. That doesn't mean you need a reservation far in advance--often the same day is okay--but walk-in first-come, first-served camping seems to be going away in many places.

With a reservation, at least, in many places there's no need to talk to anyone more than the gate guard or a quick check-in with the office. You just drive in and plonk yourself down in your reserved site and that's that.

We were startled a few weeks ago when we went to Jetty Park at Cape Canaveral (which also has a campground) - even though there was a gate attendant, we had to pay a day use fee using one of those QR Code things posted along the entry road. The attendant was just there to see the payment posted via my daughter's phone held up to the window. It makes sense, but clearly I need to upgrade my "Tech" skills....

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/21 06:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP, I would make reservations. The park we go to in Florida every February is packed. Lots of regular seasonal campers come from Canada, and they aren't allowed in the US this year. Those longtime campers at this park had to cancel their reservations. Those sites were snatched up almost immediately. RV sales were through the roof last year. Lots of families are teleworking and kids attending school remotely. Perfect opportunity to escape the dreary winter and head south for a new breed of snowbirds.

I do wonder how that's going to affect the "Regulars". This park has always been one that is very popular due to decent price and proximity to a great Florida Gulf island. The regulars are guaranteed their spot for the same time period the next year, so once you get a spot there you try not to lose it. Hopefully mgmt does the right thing and treats this year as an oddity and the regular campers don't lose out.

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

floid

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 06:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

So you want me to read something that I have to log in ?
I don't think so!
If you want me to read something, copy it and post it here.
We just had several people from NY pull in here today and they overnighted along the way

A little tip for reading articles from these "pay wall" sites. Open the article link in your browsers "private window" or "incognito mode". This mode does not store cookies or history. The site will "think" you are a first time visitor and allow you to read the article in almost all cases. I use this trick frequently.

blaczero

USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 02:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just traveled to FL from CT from Dec 26th to Jan 9th.

Had no issue, no one turned us away, no check points. We stayed in Pohick Bay, near Alexandria VA and Fort McAllister State Park, GA on the way down. FL was great, some of the places we went to had no one wearing masks, was so nice!

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/21 07:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like mod already cleaned some stuff up. I was coming back to delete my comments anyways. Moral of the story, I will obey whatever local laws and whatever requests private businesses make. I hope everyone stays safe and, if you want a vaccine, you're able to get it ASAP.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even with mods help, haven’t heard back from OP....
Never understood starting a conversation or asking a question then going silent.
In real life or in the webs.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 02:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nah. This thread pooped the sheets long ago. I don't blame the OP. For walking away. He's got a trip to plan while the rest of us just yell at each other.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> East Coast Road Trip????? Pandemic?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.