|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Help me plan my trip please! RI, DE and MD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/21 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did a 3 week excursion up to ME, RI, MA, DE and MD several years ago. We stayed at Ginny B's in Foster, RI. It had a large pond that my daughters enjoyed fishing in. They caught and released a couple of fish. It was not far from whatever Interstate we were driving on (sorry, it's been a while). There were lots of seasonal campers there, but they were all nice and welcoming. We were invited to dinner at one of our closest neighbors.

In Maryland, I will suggest Point Lookout SP. It is at the very tip end of Southern Maryland (not on the DELMARVA peninsula) and is on the Chesapeake Bay, where the Potomac runs into it. There is lots of paddling on both the Potomac and the Chesapeake, as well as their lake. Being on the water, it is very buggy, but we had such a great time. (We hosted there for 3 summers in a row). My daughters were 6 and 9 when we started going and absolutely LOVED the Nature Center in the park. It had lots of programs specifically for under 12 kids.

If you are wanting to get to the DELMARVA peninsula, the Delaware Seashore SP is right on the water. Not a lot of shade, but it is centrally located between Rehobeth Beach, DE and Ocean City, MD. Lots and lots of great seafood is available within a 15 minute drive from the SP.

If you haven't Assateague and Chincoteague areas are definitely worth visiting with the wild ponies. The time you are planning to be there would be during the running of the ponies, so it might be hard to get a reservation. If you are unfamiliar with that, just google it. It's worth seeing.

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Terry 25

Hagerstown, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/21 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In MD, Greenbriar State Park near Hagerstown is convenient to the Appalachian Trail, the C and O National Park (hiking and biking), and the Antietam Battlefield. Could day trip to Gettysburg, as well, if you are into the Civil War. Other private RV parks near Williamsport would also be central to these attractions.

2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/21 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take the kids to see Niagara Falls. Our families love to visit every few years.

"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

Mayor30

Pa

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/21 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Assateague State and National Park. National campground has a bunch of loops.No hookups but semi warm water showers and several loops generators are allowed. The thing we liked about that was the ranger programs were really good in the summer.And of course there's the beach and the horses. The state park has one loop with electric but that's tough to get into.You're close enough to Ocean City to drive in and go to the board walk.

alesis

Detroit area

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the info y’all, keep it comin!

Jerry

TV : 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins diesel
TT : 2006 Crossroads Zinger ZT-320-QB
Equal-I-Zer hitch system

http://community.webshots.com/user/detroitfd

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alesis wrote:

Thanks for all the info y’all, keep it comin!

When we're planning a trip we use Trip Advisor to look up things to do and where to eat and use Allstays Campgrounds to locate nearby cgs.

For things to do and where to eat we also talk to the locals. With the children being older get them to look at Tripadvisor together with you and help in picking out things to see and do.

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/21 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For questions like this I always recommend doing a Google search for `________ tourism' and put the city, state, area in the blank and read what the experts recommend.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Help me plan my trip please! RI, DE and MD
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.