|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> TireMinder i10 TPMS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Hondavalk

Toledo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/21 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have had mine for 3 years now. Been satisifed with it and have had no issues.

fishhogg

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/21 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The TST 507 sensor's work great in all temps! I've been in +85 down to -28 degrees, coverd in snow, mud and sand no problem.

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/21 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dryfly wrote:

dieseltruckdriver wrote:

I have had a Tireminder for a year now, and am very happy with it. It isn't perfect, but I do like being able to see the tire pressures without having to touch or adjust anything going down the road.

My pickup hasn't been started in about a month and a half, and when I unlocked it to get my binoculars out, the Tireminder beeped, and let me know it couldn't find the trailer tires. It must have a motion sensor in it, but I am not sure. It hasn't been plugged in, and the internal battery was still somewhat charged ehough to give me a readout of the pickup tires.

When you say it isn't perfect, what features does it lack that you would prefer? I'm not sure about a motion sensor, I would imagine that your trailer was far enough away that it wasn't receiving signals from the transmitters.
If you look at the join date, hi newbie! [emoticon]

I get why you commented on the trailer not being detected. It shouldn't have detected it, it's 45 miles away. I didn't mention that. The reason I mention the motion sensor is the fact that the head unit isn't plugged in to power, it is only running on its internal battery, and I just opened the door and it started beeping at me. It hasn't been used at all for a month and a half.

Regarding the features, those are all fine. It has a temp setting so I can monitor the tire temps, but that is at the end of the valve stem, and is not going to be accurate at all. As far as being accurate, as I am driving I see the pressures rise as the tires warm up just like they should. If I take a sensor off the valve stem, I get an alarm in short order. In the morning before I start driving the tires in the sun are a degree or two higher than the ones in the shade so I know it is working correctly. My biggest issue is when I unhook the trailer, it takes quite a while before it starts alerting that there is no signal from the trailer. That gives me pause. In my mind, it should report that within a minute or two at most.

So far, I am very happy with it and I am very glad I have it. Yes I would buy it again.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/21 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dryfly, I just saw that you were the OP. So I apologize for my kind of flippant answer. I thought you were commenting on my comment about the trailer not being close. After reading the website and how often it reads the sensors, my setup may be causing my issues.

To give you even more information, the display is set for semi tractor tires, meaning steer axle with two tires, front drive axle with four tires, and a rear drive axle with four tires. I have my display set up with the pickup being the outside front four tires, and the trailer being the inside dual tires for the rear. Reading the tire pressures all in one spot was my goal, but I may need to separate the pickup from the trailer to solve the loss of sensor issue. But then again, I know when my trailer is following me, so I just ignore the alarms I get when it can't get sensor readings from the trailer.

The display is VERY easy to read in the sunlight. I mount mine with the included suction cup to the bottom of my windshield, and it is in the sun most of the time I am towing. I do take it down when I am not towing so it isn't in the sun all day every day. Plastic doesn't like that.

Edited to add: Here in the comments is where I bought mine from. I don't know if the discount mentioned is still good, but I thought I would throw it out there.

* This post was edited 01/19/21 09:14pm by dieseltruckdriver *

dryfly

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/21 07:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dieseltruckdriver wrote:

Dryfly, I just saw that you were the OP. So I apologize for my kind of flippant answer. I thought you were commenting on my comment about the trailer not being close. After reading the website and how often it reads the sensors, my setup may be causing my issues.

To give you even more information, the display is set for semi tractor tires, meaning steer axle with two tires, front drive axle with four tires, and a rear drive axle with four tires. I have my display set up with the pickup being the outside front four tires, and the trailer being the inside dual tires for the rear. Reading the tire pressures all in one spot was my goal, but I may need to separate the pickup from the trailer to solve the loss of sensor issue. But then again, I know when my trailer is following me, so I just ignore the alarms I get when it can't get sensor readings from the trailer.

The display is VERY easy to read in the sunlight. I mount mine with the included suction cup to the bottom of my windshield, and it is in the sun most of the time I am towing. I do take it down when I am not towing so it isn't in the sun all day every day. Plastic doesn't like that.

Edited to add: Here in the comments is where I bought mine from. I don't know if the discount mentioned is still good, but I thought I would throw it out there.

No problem. I appreciate your review. I understand what you are doing and it might be causing your problem, but as you say, you know when you are pulling something.

The receiver also may just respond different to "low" pressure than "no" pressure (meaning no signal).

Will the display show both the truck and trailer at the same time, or do you have to toggle between them?

Curly2001

Tucson, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/21 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TST507 has saved me three times now. Had a tire with a leaky valve stem on brand new tires and it caught the slow leak so I could get it fixed before any time damage. Second and third times were nails in the tires one with a fast leak and one with a slow leak. Was on the road in Denver and the fast leak happened and I was able to pull over and change times before it hit 65 psi. I was running 80 psi in the trailer tires. Alerted us very quickly.
Saved me money from ruining a tire. Screen is very easy to read and it gives air pressure and tire temp.
Curly

2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/21 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Curly2001 wrote:

TST507 has saved me three times now. Had a tire with a leaky valve stem on brand new tires and it caught the slow leak so I could get it fixed before any time damage. Second and third times were nails in the tires one with a fast leak and one with a slow leak. Was on the road in Denver and the fast leak happened and I was able to pull over and change times before it hit 65 psi. I was running 80 psi in the trailer tires. Alerted us very quickly.
Saved me money from ruining a tire. Screen is very easy to read and it gives air pressure and tire temp.
Curly

Only reason I mentioned TST is , it sounds like from previous threads on other forums ,that its the most popular. Sounds like the OP likes the price better on the Tireminder .

IMO if you ask about the TST ,you will get a lot more reviews , that has been my observation on previous threads . If ,and when I need to replace ,it will still be with the TST. Like you I like the color monitor, its easy to read, etc.

dryfly

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/21 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

IMO if you ask about the TST ,you will get a lot more reviews , that has been my observation on previous threads . If ,and when I need to replace ,it will still be with the TST. Like you I like the color monitor, its easy to read, etc.

As per my OP, I am not interested in info on the TST. As I stated I'm interested only in hearing from folks about the good, the bad, and the ugly on the TireMinder.

Also, as I previously stated, I have owned a TST system for many years and have been quite satisfied with it just like the many other owners on this forum. I am very familiar with it's operations.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/21 05:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dryfly wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

As per my OP, I am not interested in info on the TST. As I stated I'm interested only in hearing from folks about the good, the bad, and the ugly on the TireMinder.

Also, as I previously stated, I have owned a TST system for many years and have been quite satisfied with it just like the many other owners on this forum. I am very familiar with it's operations.

Sorry ,my point was the Tireminder does not seem like a popular system ,thats all I meant. There may be a reason why there is $200 difference ,just saying . Good luck with whatever you do .

dryfly

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/21 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

dryfly wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Sorry ,my point was the Tireminder does not seem like a popular system ,thats all I meant. There may be a reason why there is $200 difference ,just saying . Good luck with whatever you do .

Yes, I agree. I don't mind spending the extra money but just trying to find out why the TM is less popular.

The TM with 8 sensors is about $360, and the TST is $550, which is fairly significant. We know the most expensive RV product is one that doesn't work! Like everyone that uses a TPMS I really want to know when something is getting ready to go wrong. Thanks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> TireMinder i10 TPMS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.