|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Outdoor speakers leaks, 2nd toy hauler same problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
BurbMan

Noblesville, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/21 06:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

O....but then Santa brought me a killer Bluetooth setup that sounds way better than the crummy stock speakers ever did. So I'll probably just leave them as they are.

Same here. I didn't bother adding outside speakers when I re-did the truck camper for the same reason. Back when I did the TT in 2009 BT speakers weren't nearly as good!

2015 Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab Long Box, Cummins diesel
2002 Lance 811 Slide-In Camper
SOLD: 2008 Terry 34' TT
SOLD: 2001 K2500LT 8.1L Suburban

Lance 811 Renovation Story!
Project Complete!
Maiden Voyage!

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/21 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My outdoor speakers are marine type, sound good, and are mounted in the lower J-panel. They are sealed well to the J-panel, but wouldn't matter, as there is no place to leak, just open air behind panel. It would be very easy to change them, if needed. It just makes no sense to me, to cut holes in the wall for outdoor speakers, that can leak, or need replacement.

[image]

Jerry

* This post was edited 01/23/21 07:03am by MFL *

lamopar

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wish mine were located down where I sit and with nothing behind them. Great idea though and I have seen a couple of trailers like that. Much better design.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I tried to delete the outdoor junk speakers when I ordered my TH and they wouldn't do it. I just wanted a couple of jacks mounted to the outside to plug good quality speaker into at the campsite.

Second problem is good marine speakers are way deeper then the walls allow. Was forced to replace with same low quality speakers when the cone rotted out of the previous ones.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/21 01:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

I tried to delete the outdoor junk speakers when I ordered my TH and they wouldn't do it. I just wanted a couple of jacks mounted to the outside to plug good quality speaker into at the campsite.

Second problem is good marine speakers are way deeper then the walls allow. Was forced to replace with same low quality speakers when the cone rotted out of the previous ones.

Our old Warrior just had a couple of speaker wires dangling from the belly. That was actually a great solution. I added some good RCA plugs inside a set of weatherproof boxes and connected some great speakers.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

Our old Warrior just had a couple of speaker wires dangling from the belly. That was actually a great solution. I added some good RCA plugs inside a set of weatherproof boxes and connected some great speakers.
I thought of putting in a couple of led scare lights in the speaker holes and running the wire under the trailer with jacks for the speakers.

RVER

West of Boston, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/21 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL Do your speakers get wet from the water on roads etc.?

2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/21 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVER wrote:

MFL Do your speakers get wet from the water on roads etc.?

The covers on the speakers are slotted, and rear of speakers are open in the back, so to answer your question, they likely get a little wet when towing in a heavy rain. I have camped in wind swept downpours, many times too, and washed the speaker covers with a soapy car wash brush. I rinse off with a hose, avoiding high direct pressure, and never have harmed the speakers, or what I consider good quality sound.

Jerry

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Outdoor speakers leaks, 2nd toy hauler same problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.