RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: FLEXIBLE FRESH WATER HOSE

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > FLEXIBLE FRESH WATER HOSE

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
FunTwoDrv

NC

Senior Member

Joined: 11/16/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/20/21 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, we got about 8mo out of a Zero G before it split(using a 40psi reg). That was actually a good thing as in the process of repairing it, I noticed a "white" film on the inside. As such, I elected to demote it to garden hose duty.

Gary

dedmiston

The West

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/20/21 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've got two Zero G hoses in the fiver for fresh water connection and one at home for filling the fresh tanks.

I also have a few of the shrinky hoses for the garden at home and one in the fiver that I use for jetting out the black tank.

I was skeptical when I got my first shrinky hose, but I instantly fell in love with it, especially with the shutoff valve at the end. I swore I'd never coil up another garden hose again.


2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230



2oldman

NM

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/20/21 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ed_Gee wrote:

Can't get any better than this one. Can't kink, ultra light, more flexible than you can imagine....stores in a compact wad if you dont wind it up in a loop....and I swear it is self draining. Don't be cheap and turn away from this one. ... just look at its ratings....

Apex Zero G hose
I don't know if the RV version is better than the regular one, but the Zero Gs kink like crazy and even water pressure won't straighten them.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

Senior Member

Joined: 07/01/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/20/21 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

I've got two Zero G hoses in the fiver for fresh water connection and one at home for filling the fresh tanks.

I also have a few of the shrinky hoses for the garden at home and one in the fiver that I use for jetting out the black tank.

I was skeptical when I got my first shrinky hose, but I instantly fell in love with it, especially with the shutoff valve at the end. I swore I'd never coil up another garden hose again.

Exactly what i did, and saved the older hoses and buried them inside the TT just in case. I gave one of the old hoses away this year, when a new camper didn't have a long enough hose for there RV.


2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

Senior Member

Joined: 01/03/2007

View Profile



Posted: 01/20/21 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyemunson wrote:

I'm so bummed that my favorite drinking water safe hose is no longer available. It rolls up flat on an included reel like a fire hose. I bought the last two an online RV shop in Utah had and when the second one dies I guess I'll have to try a Zero G.


Will any of these fit your reel?

Forestry service fire fighting / garden hose
5/8" with polyurethane lining
300# Service Test Pressure
600# Proof Test Pressure
900# Burst Pressure

Aqua Joe hose, lead free, PBA free

way2roll

Wilmington NC

Senior Member

Joined: 10/05/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/20/21 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Should zero G hoses be used for potable water? On reading up on the Zero G hoses they are not BPA free and shouldn't be used for drinking water. Many folks claim the chemical smell from the hose is really bad.


2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

2oldman

NM

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/20/21 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Should zero G hoses be used for potable water?
The RV version appears to be safe.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/20/21 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

way2roll wrote:

Should zero G hoses be used for potable water?
The RV version appears to be safe.


Yes, The RV ( Blue one ) states it is Drinking Water Safe


Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet


way2roll

Wilmington NC

Senior Member

Joined: 10/05/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/20/21 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

way2roll wrote:

Should zero G hoses be used for potable water?
The RV version appears to be safe.


On Amazon for the RV hose, one user asked if was BPA free, the company responded and said, "We never claimed it was BPA or phthalates free". Description only says lead free.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

Senior Member

Joined: 07/01/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/20/21 11:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

garyemunson wrote:

I'm so bummed that my favorite drinking water safe hose is no longer available. It rolls up flat on an included reel like a fire hose. I bought the last two an online RV shop in Utah had and when the second one dies I guess I'll have to try a Zero G.


Will any of these fit your reel?

Forestry service fire fighting / garden hose
5/8" with polyurethane lining
300# Service Test Pressure
600# Proof Test Pressure
900# Burst Pressure

Aqua Joe hose, lead free, PBA free


Funny, you can get a cheapo nozzel for it also, like they have in standpipes. I should get one.....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > FLEXIBLE FRESH WATER HOSE
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.