|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Lance 995 or 975 truck choice

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JohnJM

Wycombe PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 05:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OldF**t wrote:

mbloof wrote:

OldF**t wrote:

Did you read my previous post about the 975? Don't know about current trucks but back in 2019 when I was looking both F350CC SRW 4x2 and 4x4 had a max gvwr of 11,500 lbs with a max cargo capacity of 4130 for the 4x2 and 4450 for the 4x4. The 975 is too heavy to carry safely on a SRW. Perhaps you should look at a lighter unit. But again that is just my opinion.

Humm, is that a typo? I'd think that the 4x2 would have a higher "cargo" rating then the 4x4 as the truck is lighter (no 4x4 hardware).

- Mark0.

No typo. Numbers right off the payload chart in the 2019 sales brochure for the F350 crew cab. Go figure.

This is exactly why I was interested real world experience, not what some engineer says. ITs interesting, in my opinion truck makers underrate their trucks and truck camper mfgs over rate their camepers. My 2006 F350 has a GVWR of 11,500 suprising that hadnt changed .

John M

bswan

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/21 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I currently own a 2018 RAM 3500 dually hauling a 2018 995. Both the 995 and 975 are heavier than most people are lead to believe. With my dually the only upgrade I made was to install the Roadmaster rear anti-sway bar. Both the truck and the camper have a perfect marriage together. Our travels are stress free and I feel in total control in all driving conditions. On another note, the cabinet latches on the Lance are not a great design. In order to keep them functioning correctly you must press the door latch prior to opening and closing them. If you pull or slam them they will bend the latch catch on the frame. Once you figure this out and readjust them they function fine.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Lance 995 or 975 truck choice
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.