RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: It's a wonderful day: COVID vaccinations

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> It's a wonderful day: COVID vaccinations

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/21 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PS: Someone mentioned going out to dinner after they get the vaccine. I assume they meant to say in 2-3 weeks after getting it. For all practical purposes, the day you get the vaccine, it hasn't provided any level of immunity.

That was me and yes, I intend on waiting until I get both doses.

I'd be curious to see any reactions people might have. I'm never nervous about getting a flu shot but this one makes me a little edgier.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/21 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have already signed up for our local health department site and also our local hospital and Doctors office. Not much else I can do at this point except wait and hope like many others.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/21 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

I'd be curious to see any reactions people might have. I'm never nervous about getting a flu shot but this one makes me a little edgier.
Our first shot was so simple, no pain beyond that of a mosquito bite. And, no reactions. [emoticon] Really don't anticipate any more than that next week.

* This post was edited 01/20/21 07:12pm by Moderator *

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/21 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our granddaughter had the Pfizer vaccine (she's a lab tech exposed to tissues and fluids covid contaminated). She had zero reaction to the first and a mild headache and a little fatigue with the second. Mild symptoms lasted for about 24 hrs.

We're scheduled for Feb 8 and 9 and hope the supply is sufficient that we don't get cancelled.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/21 02:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We live in a rural NC county and I figured it would be a while to get the shots. Nope, once the CDC changed high risk to include 65-74 last week NC our little county jumped on it. We're getting our first shot today.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/21 04:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm in Wayne County Michigan and am 70 with cancer and a damaged immune system. They have no list here to be put on. The county health department has said they have no vaccines to schedule. My hospital provider did send me an email saying to try to schedule an appointment. But they do not post many available appointments. In the past 9 days I only had 2 chance to sign up, but it was 2 counties away, 90 miles, 180 round trip. I did not sign up as I have not driven more than 12 miles in a year, and I hoped the other 6 closer hospital locations would have some openings. No, none. My docs office said there is no list and I need to keep logging into their system to see if any appointment opening pop up. SO I've been checking every hour or 2 and none have come up in 9 days. What a sad way of doing this. And since they opened up to all 65+ I am competing with many healthier people for an inadequate supply.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/21 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarneyS wrote:

I have already signed up for our local health department site and also our local hospital and Doctors office. Not much else I can do at this point except wait and hope like many others.
Barney

I see CVS in my state says they will give shots when they can get the vaccine.
The wife and I are 78 and 79. We signed up three weeks ago. WE were orig looking at sites within 25 miles. Were rural out here and between several towns with services.
We moved our look area out to 75 miles and finally found two slots 72 miles away for tomorrow (friday) afternoon in a small town. WE checked the state website at all hours of the day and nite.

Were both ready for the shots.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Curly2001

Tucson, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/21 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here in Arizona they are running out of vaccine, don't have mass vaccination sites set up, and have not completed teachers or police yet. They don't even have an idea of when the 65-74 group will be allowed. Had to register with the state site 2 hours away for some time in February. Not good.
Curly

* This post was edited 01/21/21 07:29am by an administrator/moderator *

2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/21 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our daughter is a doctor and already got both rounds of the vaccine. She said the first one had no side effects, and the second one gave her flu-like symptoms for 24 hours. She said she was glad for the side effects: "That's just the vaccine doing its dance. I'm glad I can feel it working."

My mom is kind of dragging her feet, even though I keep telling her that my wife and I can't get our vaccines until people in her age band go get theirs.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/21 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

PS: Someone mentioned going out to dinner after they get the vaccine. I assume they meant to say in 2-3 weeks after getting it. For all practical purposes, the day you get the vaccine, it hasn't provided any level of immunity.

That was me and yes, I intend on waiting until I get both doses.

I kind of figured that was the intent but the way it read sounded like you were heading straight out from the hospital to hit the Golden Corral. [emoticon]

My sister got it 3 weeks ago (she's head of one of the convention center covid overflow centers). Unfortunately, her doctor told her it was no big deal to get the shingles vaccine at the same time, so she was knocked out for a couple days with flu like systems. No idea which vaccine or if it was the combination. We did make fun of her as she's an RN with 40yrs experience.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> It's a wonderful day: COVID vaccinations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.