RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: It's a wonderful day: COVID vaccinations

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> It's a wonderful day: COVID vaccinations

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got the vaccine this morning. Well organized we were out in about an hour and 20 in was they made us wait to make sure there was no adverse reaction. Our appointment was between 9-11am and we arrived at 8:50am not sure what the situation would be. Passed back by around 10:30 and the parking lot was only half full.

On the positive side, 7 day average is 1.06mil per day and rising. So really Biden needs to up the goal since that will already be at well over 106million in his first 100 days if he just keeps doing what was happening before he got in the drivers seat.

PS: One thing that's kind of odd. No one asked anything about meeting the current phase requirements (Health Care Worker, 65+ or pre-existing condition). We do meet. Is that a HIPPA thing that they can't ask?

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/21 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

I'd be curious to see any reactions people might have. I'm never nervous about getting a flu shot but this one makes me a little edgier.

Here in FL I'm reading posts from lots of neighbors who have managed to get vaccinations - and the worst I've read is "some arm soreness and maybe feeling tired for a day or so" (which is a good reaction to a shot, it means your body is building antibodies!) I also know a couple of people who took part in vaccine tests - as a rule, those who received a placebo shot, knew it because they felt *nothing*; and then after the test they were called back to receive a vaccination.

Given some of the stories I've heard from friends/neighbors who DID get sick with Covid but didn't require hospitalization - it's pretty awful. So glad the vaccines have been made available!!

Deb and Ed M

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/21 07:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

steveh27 wrote:

I'm in Wayne County Michigan and am 70 with cancer and a damaged immune system. They have no list here to be put on.

I'm signed up with my local (Barry-Eaton county) Health Department; and with Meijer's pharmacy. In both cases, my "group" isn't up for vaccination yet; but I've been told that I will be contacted when I am able to schedule an appointment. You might try both of those - here's the link to Meijer's
Meijer vaccination

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/21 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guy Roan, I spoke with my cousin this morning who is a Florida citizen in the Orlando area and informed him of your 2,000 mile round trip trek back to Mitchell County, NC for your shots. He said to tell you thank you so much and there has to be a special place in heaven for you and your family. I agree; you are a true southern gentleman!

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/21 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

steveh27 wrote:

I'm in Wayne County Michigan and am 70 with cancer and a damaged immune system. They have no list here to be put on.

I'm signed up with my local (Barry-Eaton county) Health Department; and with Meijer's pharmacy. In both cases, my "group" isn't up for vaccination yet; but I've been told that I will be contacted when I am able to schedule an appointment. You might try both of those - here's the link to Meijer's
Meijer vaccination

I have been trying to get in via Henry Ford My Chart. I could have gone to Jackson county 9 days ago, but that was 90 miles. I kept checking from 6 AM - 8 PM, no appointments available. I got lucky a few days ago I checked at 8 PM and a bunch posted up for Wyandot Hospital, only 25 miles away. I got one of those. All the appts were gone within 10 minutes. So it is a game of needing to keep checking frequently and hope you time it right with the new appt postings, before they are gone. My appt is for this Wed.

The Wayne County Health Dept was not taking appointments (I heard).

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/21 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a FYI: Any retired military can receive shots at on-base military clinics. Military clinics are scheduling by age - and if the retiree fits that age group, the spouse can get vaccine at the same time even if not that age group. IF the retiree gets shots from VA or elsewhere, the spouse must conform to the current age group, but can still get vaccinated without the retiree.

This info direct from NAS clinic in Jacksonville Florida. I'd imagine this is all military clinics, but advise you check with your local clinic first if you are retiree or spouse.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Deb and Ed M

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/21 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

steveh27 wrote:

I got lucky a few days ago I checked at 8 PM and a bunch posted up for Wyandot Hospital, only 25 miles away. I got one of those.

Yay!!! I'm happy for you!
Ed and I played the equivalent of "whack-a-mole" for 90 minutes this morning, attempting to get signed up for a new batch of vaccine here in Brevard - but no luck. We'll keep trying!

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/21 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My employer notified us today, that we are in the phase 1b group for vaccinations; our jobs are being considered “frontline essential work”. Some employees (who live in the same county as the company) got their 1st dose last Friday. My employer is working with the Heath departments of the neighboring counties (where I live) to work out a process for us to be included in the current group being vaccinated.

Deb and Ed M

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/21 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

My employer notified us today, that we are in the phase 1b group for vaccinations; our jobs are being considered “frontline essential work”. Some employees (who live in the same county as the company) got their 1st dose last Friday. My employer is working with the Heath departments of the neighboring counties (where I live) to work out a process for us to be included in the current group being vaccinated.

My son, an EMT/First Responder/volunteer firefighter in Michigan, has been vaccinated. He said that the Michigan Health Department was working with groups (like yours, and his) to make vaccine available for group vaccinations. That makes a lot of sense to me - rather than actually administering the vaccine themselves like they are doing in FL

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/21 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

7 day average is no 1.25million shots per day and rising in the US.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> It's a wonderful day: COVID vaccinations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.