RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: FLKeys suggestions

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

Senior Member

Joined: 02/21/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/27/21 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magnusfide wrote:

RICKIM wrote:

vermilye wrote:

Just a heads up on Bluewater Key - they do not accept trailers under 24'.


They won’t accept us snooty Truck Campers either!

They're very "selective" about the age and kinds of RVs allowed there. Upscale is the operative word.


Wrong-- no age restriction. What isn't allowed are units under 24', truck campers and soft sided units.... anything else is ok as long as it's RVIA ( e.g. no schoolies)


Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

dedmiston

The West

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/27/21 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeH wrote:

Wrong-- no age restriction. What isn't allowed are units under 24', truck campers and soft sided units.... anything else is ok as long as it's RVIA ( e.g. no schoolies)


"Wrong"

That's pretty rude.

If you're going to call someone "Wrong", you'd better cite your sources. Quote a website and provide a link.

And for the future, I recommend wording your corrections more politely.

[image]


2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230



ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/27/21 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Direct from the Blue Water Key RV Site -

RV Requirements: RVIA (Recreational Vehicle Industry Association) RV’s Only. Class A, B & C motorhomes, fifth wheels and travel trailers at least 24 feet in length with all slides in. Trailer hitch not included in overall length. Non RVIA vehicles such as, buses, box trucks, or storage trailers converted into motorhomes or travel trailers are not allowed. Soft sided pop out trailers or hybrids, truck campers and tents are not allowed. Outdoor camping is prohibited. Commercial Semi-tractor trailer tow vehicles and tow trucks are not allowed.
The minimum length requirement for ALL RV’s is 24 feet with all slides in, not including hitch or bumpers.
All RV’s must be self-contained with their own bath, toilet and kitchen facility.
There is a fee to wash your RV or vehicle at the site. Please call the office to obtain permission and pay the fee.
Maintenance on RV’s or vehicles on sites is not allowed.


Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet


magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

Senior Member

Joined: 10/30/2009

View Profile



Posted: 01/27/21 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

JoeH wrote:

Wrong-- no age restriction. What isn't allowed are units under 24', truck campers and soft sided units.... anything else is ok as long as it's RVIA ( e.g. no schoolies)


"Wrong"

That's pretty rude.

If you're going to call someone "Wrong", you'd better cite your sources. Quote a website and provide a link.

And for the future, I recommend wording your corrections more politely.


[image]

Thank you for keeping this forum one of the few civilized places on the web.


First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus




dedmiston

The West

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/27/21 01:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magnusfide wrote:

Thank you for keeping this forum one of the few civilized places on the web.


Thank you Magnus. I do my best. These are crazy times and civility is under attack.

I appreciate your kind words.

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

Senior Member

Joined: 02/21/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/30/21 06:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

JoeH wrote:

Wrong-- no age restriction. What isn't allowed are units under 24', truck campers and soft sided units.... anything else is ok as long as it's RVIA ( e.g. no schoolies)


"Wrong"

That's pretty rude.

If you're going to call someone "Wrong", you'd better cite your sources. Quote a website and provide a link.

And for the future, I recommend wording your corrections more politely.


[image]


Sorry your offended when you are wrong, but that's the way it is. You can go ahead and look at the website or call the office. Both resources will verify that there are no age restrictions as you incorrectly stated there were. You should do your research and provide facts, not opinions-- all you did was mislead people.

Oh-- I've been there probably 50 times over the past 20+ years in RV's that ranged from 22 yrs old to brand new. In fact, I'm there now and a few sites down from us is a couple in a late 70's Class C. So, that's only 40+ yrs old.

* This post was edited 01/30/21 06:45am by JoeH *

dedmiston

The West

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/30/21 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeH wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

JoeH wrote:

Wrong-- no age restriction. What isn't allowed are units under 24', truck campers and soft sided units.... anything else is ok as long as it's RVIA ( e.g. no schoolies)


"Wrong"

That's pretty rude.

If you're going to call someone "Wrong", you'd better cite your sources. Quote a website and provide a link.

And for the future, I recommend wording your corrections more politely.


[image]


Sorry your offended when you are wrong, but that's the way it is. You can go ahead and look at the website or call the office. Both resources will verify that there are no age restrictions as you incorrectly stated there were. You should do your research and provide facts, not opinions-- all you did was mislead people.

Oh-- I've been there probably 50 times over the past 20+ years in RV's that ranged from 22 yrs old to brand new. In fact, I'm there now and a few sites down from us is a couple in a late 70's Class C. So, that's only 40+ yrs old.


I called you out for being rude. I don't care how right you were, you still have to be polite.

If you spoke to someone in person like that, you'd end up with a flat nose.

Please be civil and respectful.

NCWriter

Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 10/05/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/15/21 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

haste maker wrote:

I have stayed at Jolly Rodger RV park in Marathon Key many times & enjoyed this park, it's about 75 miles from Key West.


We’ve stayed there several times and always had a good experience. They have upgraded their physical facilities over the years and have their share of snowbirds, but we had no problem booking 1 night or a few days.

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

Senior Member

Joined: 02/21/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/16/21 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

JoeH wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

JoeH wrote:

Wrong-- no age restriction. What isn't allowed are units under 24', truck campers and soft sided units.... anything else is ok as long as it's RVIA ( e.g. no schoolies)


"Wrong"

That's pretty rude.

If you're going to call someone "Wrong", you'd better cite your sources. Quote a website and provide a link.

And for the future, I recommend wording your corrections more politely.


[image]


Sorry your offended when you are wrong, but that's the way it is. You can go ahead and look at the website or call the office. Both resources will verify that there are no age restrictions as you incorrectly stated there were. You should do your research and provide facts, not opinions-- all you did was mislead people.

Oh-- I've been there probably 50 times over the past 20+ years in RV's that ranged from 22 yrs old to brand new. In fact, I'm there now and a few sites down from us is a couple in a late 70's Class C. So, that's only 40+ yrs old.


I called you out for being rude. I don't care how right you were, you still have to be polite.

If you spoke to someone in person like that, you'd end up with a flat nose.

Please be civil and respectful.


The problem arises when someone ( you) posts inaccurate information , most often from hearing things third hand and not doing proper research and investigation. This is a disservice to all users of the forum and those inaccurate ( e.g. wrong) statements must be countered with facts.
... and no, when discussing items face to face , it is perfectly permissible to tell someone they are wrong and demonstrate that with facts. I don't think any one would be attempting to flatten my nose... if they did, they would certainly regret it.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/16/21 06:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with JoeH

As you can see, I posted the actual rules for Blue Water ( FACTS ) and nowhere did it state age restrictions.

HE was pointing out that the poster was in fact WRONG.. and I thought it was somewhat polite....

I stated the facts, and the poster was in fact wrong.... and he had to be told so not to mislead anyone

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.