|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> I'm Having a hard time finding the right toy hauler

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
toytoter

ohioi

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello all, I am new to rv'ing and looking to make my first purchase. I am looking for something I can tow with my 2019 single axle duramax 2500 it has a gvwr of 14,500. I also need a toy hauler that has a 12'x8' garage. The side by side I'm hauling is a 2021 maverick x3 that is 1600 lb. The only thing I've found so far that meets all my needs is a Keystone springdale 32th but it doesnt have the fuel filling station or a dedicated generator port. Anyone know of anything else that would work?

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/21 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toytoter wrote:

I am looking for something I can tow with my 2019 single axle duramax 2500 it has a gvwr of 14,500.

14.5K GVWR seems high for a 2500?? Maybe just a registration number?

Jerry

camp-n-family

London, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toytoter wrote:

Hello all, I am new to rv'ing and looking to make my first purchase. I am looking for something I can tow with my 2019 single axle duramax 2500 it has a gvwr of 14,500. I also need a toy hauler that has a 12'x8' garage. The side by side I'm hauling is a 2021 maverick x3 that is 1600 lb. The only thing I've found so far that meets all my needs is a Keystone springdale 32th but it doesnt have the fuel filling station or a dedicated generator port. Anyone know of anything else that would work?

It might have a tow rating of 14,500 but the max gvwr for the 2500 is 9500lbs

'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

MikeDupont

TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 08:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look at the stickies at the top of this subforum to find a list of (relatively) current TH models and manufacturers. Then spend a rainy day sifting thru them all to see which models fit your needs. Thats what i did to narrow the field.
I ended up with a spreadsheet of important features that totaled 12 THers which narrowed itself down to 4 favorites. Now i just have to find those in stock somewhere so i can look at them......

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MikeDupont wrote:

Look at the stickies at the top of this subforum to find a list of (relatively) current TH models and manufacturers. Then spend a rainy day sifting thru them all to see which models fit your needs. Thats what i did to narrow the field.
I ended up with a spreadsheet of important features that totaled 12 THers which narrowed itself down to 4 favorites. Now i just have to find those in stock somewhere so i can look at them......

That's a great strategy. Y-Guy is a saint for maintaining that list as long as he has.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dsrace

home

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/21 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

look at dune sport. they offer a vast number of floor plans to start with then allow you to completly customize them to your needs. i just put a deposit down to have a new one built for my 2 seat, mid engine, sand rail. it's 13'2" long and my front end is 80" wide so either by weight or width it knocks out 98% of all indiana toyhaulers under 30'. there building me one that's 29'6" oal (26' box), estimated 7k lbs empty with 2- 7k lb axles on G tires. overkill?? yep but why not for only an additional $500!! my wife also wanted corian counter tops with under mount single basin 23x18" ss sink as well as all ss appliances and fixtures.
here is the base floor plan i started with....
[image]

this is what they wound up designing for us.... the 36" fp is a flip up countertop. i wanted 14' of FULL WIDTH cargo and my wife wanted counter space. that was the compromise. we both wanted the side patio. that's a $3500 upgrade (300 ish lbs) and protrudes 6" inside. most wheel wells are 7" so my 80" front end will fit. my rear end is 90" and they offer a 8' tall ramp door for lighter loading angles. on the bumper hitch models the floor to the ground ( leveled out) is 30" tall. that 1' longer ramp door ( rated for 3k lbs) makes a bid difference. they usually offer a full width cargo pass through in the very nose. rather than that they scooted the bed forward that 16" to move the bath and kitchen forward to get me the 14' ( tech 165.62" but close enough) and let us move the fridge into the center wall. i opted for the 12v/24v dometic 10 cu ft fridge as it doesn't need a roof vent. it was $100 cheaper then the lp/elect rv fridge but cools faster. also added a renogy 200 am hr agm batt to carry the fridge. they offer a 200 watt renogy solar for $995. they offered a single reversable sofa rather than a bed or bunk system. i opted for that and a pivot down ceiling mounted 32" 12v tv. this way i am facing the tv! 50 amp service with 2 ac units. i went with a fiber glass nose and stick and tin sides to shave 500 lbs. they do slides, aluminum walls with fiber glass for roughly another $4k. he informed me the fiberglass units are 700 lbs heavier. something else to note is the majority of units out there have a hapijac bed with opposing sofas, those systems weigh 750lbs total. if you don't need them then you save that much weight. thats the incredible part about this company..... as much or as little as you want. bill came to $41k on mine with 4 addtional 1000 lumen exterior lights, 2 over ramp, 1 on nose to light up jack and truck bed and 1 over the water, sewer hook ups. also reduced the 21' awning to 19' , went manual as i do not like the lack of function in a power awning and still get a led strip.

[image]

* This post was last edited 01/26/21 02:27pm by dsrace *   View edit history

dsrace

home

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/21 02:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

here is a very nice custom build. all there pics and videos are on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/toyhaulers/posts/3210342412362106

here are a few pics of a completely custom toyhauler.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[url=https://postimg.cc/crJ1ptg3][img]https://i.postimg.cc/crJ1ptg3/143522218-1590639924470076-187266987035546068-

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> I'm Having a hard time finding the right toy hauler
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.