|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> 10" hitch riser

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/21 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Using a riser is fine if that's what you need. No real analysis needed.
Like mentioned though, bet you can see the lights just fine through the bike wheels.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/21 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

I was surprised to read that you felt the Roadmaster Quiet Hitch was not effective. I use a riser with a Quiet Hitch at each connection as shown below. Once they are on, there is "zero play" in the system.

The Quite Hitch has served me well on the MH. With more limited hitch space on the cars it doesn't fit so I now use the following for $12 and the vice hitch is overpriced IMHO.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N22........yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/21 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a bicycle carrier that goes in the trailer hitch. Instead of a pin, it has a nut welded in the hitch and a bolt that screws/tightens into the carrier.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/21 01:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not have the bike carrier yet, should arrive the end of this month or early next. I need to try it with the larger ebike, we have 2, his & hers just to see if I have to raise it or not. Never thought of visibility of lights through the spokes. Knew I came here for a reason. Might need to raise it a bit just for ground clearance if nothing else, being extended from the body & all.
And the carrier I bought comes with a stabilizer, so if I do get a riser I'd only need one for that.
Thanks for all the good suggestions and such.

Stay safe.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/21 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dusty R wrote:

I have a bicycle carrier that goes in the trailer hitch. Instead of a pin, it has a nut welded in the hitch and a bolt that screws/tightens into the carrier.
Are you certain it eliminates the play within the connection? I bolt my bike rack to my SUV, but the play remains.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/21 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CA Traveler wrote:

ron.dittmer wrote:

I was surprised to read that you felt the Roadmaster Quiet Hitch was not effective. I use a riser with a Quiet Hitch at each connection as shown below. Once they are on, there is "zero play" in the system.

The Quite Hitch has served me well on the MH. With more limited hitch space on the cars it doesn't fit so I now use the following for $12 and the vice hitch is overpriced IMHO.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N22........yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I like what you have better. It does the same as the Quiet Hitch but at a fraction of the price, and seemingly more robust.

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/21 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

Dusty R wrote:

Are you certain it eliminates the play within the connection? I bolt my bike rack to my SUV, but the play remains.

I was using it on the front of our mh. Yes it held good. Never used just a pin only so hard to compare.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/21 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Should be getting our carrier this week or next. That's when we'll see just what kind, if any, riser will be needed. Hope not. Just one more thing to buy and carry about.
I can see many new pandemic RVers getting disgruntled with all the "add on's" needed. We've been at this a bit now and still constantly adding or up grading something.
Tank sensors are next on our list. And it just keeps growing!!!

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/21 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garmp wrote:

I can see many new pandemic RVers getting disgruntled with all the "add on's" needed. We've been at this a bit now and still constantly adding or up grading something.
Tank sensors are next on our list. And it just keeps growing!!!
I agree.

As you know, we have owned our rig since new in 2007 and I still find little things to improve upon. It would make me crazy if it wasn't a hobby. One thing certain, the next owner will get one great old rig.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> 10" hitch riser
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.