|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> RV Dealers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/21 05:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My experiences when buying new, was everything supplied, ready to camp. A new battery, full propane tanks, the infamous starter kit (hoses, toilet paper, hocky puck adapter, and a few other items) mostly junk, but useable.

I was also offered a one time discount on most accessories in their store. One thing to keep in mind, the purchaser ultimately pays for any freebies, or items thrown in to close the deal. Often times this includes a free hitch, which will likely be a low end model. In this case, I'd try to upgrade to better quality, even if I have to pay the difference.

Jerry

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/21 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The last RV I purchased, back in 2019 came with full LP tanks... I received a $50.00 gift card to their store, and I believe 30% off anything in the store on pick up day, with an additional 15% off in the store going forward.

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/21 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

elroseo wrote:

So I was looking at a new 2021 Springdale

Sprindgale is Keystone brand. Looks like you are in Oregon, which means the Springdale your local dealer has was very likely built in the Pendleton Keystone plant. Every RV I hauled out of the Pendleton plant and delivered to a dealer on the PNW had Propane tanks.

Maybe the dealer didn't listen carefully to your question and thought you were asking if the tanks came "filled" with propane.

Quote:

Speaking of coming with wheels... does the camper have a spare tire? Some dealers sell campers, especially TT, without spares. They, of course, have a "spare tire kit" available to buy.

Keystone also supplied spare tires with their rigs

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Boomerweps

Hills of PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/21 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The manufacturer’s website lists what the TT comes with, normally a spare tire and propane tanks.

2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, TBC

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/21 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

elroseo wrote:

So I was looking at a new 2021 Springdale and I happen to ask if this trailer would be ready to go if I bought it right now. The salesman said they do not supply sewer hose, WATER hose or Propane Tanks.....is this normal?....kind of turned me off...

That is probably an expected service, but bottom line it boils down to the deal you're getting. It's not like that stuff isn't easy and relatively cheap to purchase.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/21 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where I work we get trailers in from the factory and they DO come with propane tanks, a spare tire, and a power cord but they don't come from the factory with batteries or water or sewer hoses. I'm surprised your dealer didn't charge you for a battery since that could be a legitimate charge.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

dfm

B.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/21 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It would be illegal to tow a trailer without operational brakes , which requires a 12volt battery to emergency stop if the electric hookup was disconnected from the tow vehicle. I doubt a dealer could allow a trailer off their lot with no battery.

2015 Open Range 340 FLR
2012 Ram3500 Laramie Longhorn/Cummins
1 DW 1 Furperson

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/21 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"At that point I walk away."
I agree with this statement, I know I'm talking apples & oranges, But, when i bought my Class C, it came basically ready to camp, with 2 house batteries, albeit cheap series 24's, the lowly starter kit, which i used for a few years before replacing, the built-in propane tank was filled, the gas tank was filled, and a spare tire, which i've been lucky enough to never need.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/21 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dfm wrote:

It would be illegal to tow a trailer without operational brakes , which requires a 12volt battery to emergency stop if the electric hookup was disconnected from the tow vehicle. I doubt a dealer could allow a trailer off their lot with no battery.
Dealers don't. When the trailer comes from the factory the delivery driver uses a battery of his own that he then removes upon delivery at the dealer. The dealer then installs a battery prior to purchase. This practice does not apply to motorhomes.

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/28/21 02:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tvov wrote:

Speaking of coming with wheels... does the camper have a spare tire? Some dealers sell campers, especially TT, without spares. They, of course, have a "spare tire kit" available to buy.

lower end trailers often have spare tires as an option. mid-range or higher trailers usually have a spare tire as standard equipment.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> RV Dealers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.