|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Cost of new fiberglass roof on a 32' Winnie

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/21 09:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have nothing to add to the insurance part of the discussion.

However, should you find yourself involved in the choices of what to do? May I suggest looking at Rhino Bed Liner. There was some talk of people considering using it. If memory serves me, it was pretty highly touted. It is mixed for a specific application, so a certain amount of flex is called for, for an RV roof. Tough stuff, durable, water proof.

Gary Haupt

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/29/21 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

However, should you find yourself involved in the choices of what to do? May I suggest looking at Rhino Bed Liner. There was some talk of people considering using it. If memory serves me, it was pretty highly touted. It is mixed for a specific application, so a certain amount of flex is called for, for an RV roof. Tough stuff, durable, water proof.

Gary Haupt

Do they have colors other than black? I can't imagine a black roof.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/29/21 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

garyhaupt wrote:

Gary Haupt

Bedliner is a good option but you still need a good roof to spray it on.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

garyhaupt

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/21 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

garyhaupt wrote:

Gary Haupt

https://www.google.com/search?q=rhino+li........AE&biw=1536&bih=750#imgrc=ZrFbROV6PL3lMM

Gary

garyhaupt

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/21 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

garyhaupt wrote:

Gary Haupt

Bedliner is a good option but you still need a good roof to spray it on.

Yes...it would require a clean roofing space...new plywood I would guess.

Gary

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/21 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Judging from the condition of our Rhino sprayed in bed liner and up over the sides too on our 2004.5 Chevy LB truck bought new and had the liner sprayed in before we drove it, the Rhino liner lasts and looking very good 17 years later. Ours of course is black and has hardly faded much at all. I have the color renew kit that was sent to me from Rhino in about 2012 and never used it yet as the OEM liner still looks quite good. What they sprayed on is really tough and sure is lasting. Nothing slides around on bed liner like other brands which are so well noted for doing.

When a tornado went over us and ripped the breaches off the big pines in February in 2015 when snow birding in our Carriage 29' 5th wheel and the sharp ends of the branches falling on the 5th wheel rubber roof put 6 holes thru the rubber roof. I wanted to have a Rhino sprayed on roof to replace it but the insurance wouldn't pay the cost. Thus, and additional layer of 1/4" marine plywood was put on and a new rubber membrane glued on. Cost was $4460 done here in Michigan and included a new 15' awning material installed that had 3 holes in the old one from the branches that pierced it. Got 2 estimates down in Florida to have it done there and the same was quoted at $7700 and $7400 they both quoted just patching the holes in the OEM plywood roof . Insurance said it was too high. I had patched all the holes in the roof with Dynaflex 230 hours after the tornado so the insulation wouldn't get wetter or saturated. Always carry a tube of it in both of our RV's just in case of need. Very good stuff for caulking and works on wet wood also as it is water soluble before curing in the air.

Sorry now that I didn't pay the additional costs ourselves to have the Rhino roof sprayed on. So far superior!!!

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

garyhaupt

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/21 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Further to a Rhino roof...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGzXwc1l3gg

Gary

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Cost of new fiberglass roof on a 32' Winnie
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.