RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Need an Education

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > Need an Education

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

Senior Member

Joined: 12/25/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/29/21 04:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

SO, the most irritating thing in regards to the big rigs and some big truck and 5th wheel truck drivers, mostly the big rigs.The question is why do most of you feel the need to leave your vehicles running for long amounts of time before you pull out and long amounts of time when you pull into a campsite? If there is no logical reason for this, I'll think I'll give up on mankind all together.

I really don't feel like you came for an education but rather to vent. It's OK to vent but it would be better to just fess up and say, with these now shortened tempers, these folks are driving you nuts. If it wasn't this it would be something else. You have stated that it's time for you to get off the road and you have mentioned you are fed up with many things due to Covid. We all agree that day to day routines are gone and we are all struggling to find a tiny slice of normal, but that's not happened recently and it's not going to even begin to return until sometime in 2022. We all just need to find a way to transition through 2021 without killing our neighbor for mowing their lawn while we are trying to take a nap, get our vaccines and watch the Country slowly return to normal.
Good luck to you whether you stay or whether you go.


What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

luvmydogs

Ct

Senior Member

Joined: 12/16/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/29/21 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will say I took offense to your post Bill. I am an adult and you dont know me from Adam, so please dont tell me why I asked the question I asked. I never claimed to like the ritual, just didnt know if there was a logical reason why they did this since I've not had a class A in many years. So maybe next time, read a post and try not to analyze and put your own spin on it. None of the other posters seemed to have a problem with answering the question.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

Senior Member

Joined: 12/25/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/30/21 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

Senior Member

Joined: 10/05/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/30/21 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

luvmydogs wrote:

I will say I took offense to your post Bill. I am an adult and you dont know me from Adam, so please dont tell me why I asked the question I asked. I never claimed to like the ritual, just didnt know if there was a logical reason why they did this since I've not had a class A in many years. So maybe next time, read a post and try not to analyze and put your own spin on it. None of the other posters seemed to have a problem with answering the question.


Sorry, I agree with Bill. Many people have tried to explain the procedure of some rigs but it didn't matter. You came on here to vent and call people idling their rigs "stupid". Camping is one of the most peaceful things you can do. If stuff like this is upsetting your emotional apple cart, you are right. It's probably time to hang it up.


2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 10/09/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/30/21 07:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Class A is older than most, and may be older than many reading this. I keep the air system tight enough that, if I secure it at shut down, it will still pressure at restart. It does not have jacks or slides and so I can't even relate to those issues.

There some things here that do matter.

As an owner and driver of diesels for over 50 years, I can assure you that idling them won't cause them to "warm up".

As an engine professional for many years, I can tell you straight up that nothing good happens in an idling engine. Fact is, that used to be a durability concern. That has dropped by the wayside as the first Arab Oil embargo convinced many to drop the habit.

Lastly, a lot of what is the complaint here is not just here. It is a dramatic drop in both consideration of others and acceptance of personal responsibility. I am not going to go into examples because said are just too numerous to even start that here and now. It is even a lot of the reason that we try to avoid commercial destination campgrounds.

Matt


Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.


luvmydogs

Ct

Senior Member

Joined: 12/16/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/30/21 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well way2roll, I had thought this was a friendly forum, I was wrong. You are exactly the type of person we try to avoid anywhere we go, now I guess I will avoid this forum also.I'm amazed everyday of what this country has come to, and you've just proven it to me yet again. Thank all of you who DID explain why you leave your rigs running. We had no idea jacks and slides needed the motors on, and learned alot more about the big rigs we also didnt know, so thank all of you FRIENDLY rv'ers who didnt tell me why I posted here at all. I got more of an education than I needed.Thank you

way2roll

Wilmington NC

Senior Member

Joined: 10/05/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/30/21 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

luvmydogs wrote:

Well way2roll, I had thought this was a friendly forum, I was wrong. You are exactly the type of person we try to avoid anywhere we go, now I guess I will avoid this forum also.I'm amazed everyday of what this country has come to, and you've just proven it to me yet again. Thank all of you who DID explain why you leave your rigs running. We had no idea jacks and slides needed the motors on, and learned alot more about the big rigs we also didnt know, so thank all of you FRIENDLY rv'ers who didnt tell me why I posted here at all. I got more of an education than I needed.Thank you


Drama.

luvmydogs

Ct

Senior Member

Joined: 12/16/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/30/21 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nope, no drama, just dont like someone telling me what I think and feel,and that my questions have underlying meanings, thats all. I'm sorry your life is so empty you feel the need to attack someone on this forum. No big deal, that's your problem not mine. You have a great day!

alvie h

al.

New Member

Joined: 12/14/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/30/21 03:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

luvmydogs wrote:

Nope, no drama, just dont like someone telling me what I think and feel,and that my questions have underlying meanings, thats all. I'm sorry your life is so empty you feel the need to attack someone on this forum. No big deal, that's your problem not mine. You have a great day!
I wish this forum had a like button. there is a few posters who want a high post count. Hope you have a good day.

oldave

Tx

Full Member

Joined: 06/19/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/30/21 03:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why get worked up over this small stuff? There are more important things in
life.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > Need an Education
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.