|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

> Catalog of all my mods

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
MikeDupont

TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/21 01:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That suction cup drying pole is definitely a Steal for me! Good works, thanks for posting!

ADK Camper

New york

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/21 12:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I realized I'd forgotten some mods in my original post so I thought I would add them here:

[image]

This drawer has a long full extension slide but a short drawer apparently to leave space behind for wiring and plumbing. But the space was much larger than necessary so I made a simple box and attached it to the back of the drawer to effectively make it bigger.

[image]

Made these levelers from an 8 foot 2X6. I cut it into four 2-foot pieces and glued them together face to face to make a 6"X2' block from which I cut the various pieces with a band saw. Whether you make or buy these, I highly recommend them because they make leveling so much easier.

[image]

These wheel chocks are easily made from 2X4 scraps and a threaded rod etc.

KMLsquared

Cotati CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/21 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to repost all those mods!

2002 Doge RAM LB QC 4x4 HO 6spd
2003 Rampage 33TB
2007 CRF80F
2006 TTR50E
2004 CRF70
2002 TTR125L
2002 Banshee
1969 Baja Bug

LJAZ

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/21 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the identical trailer, just a year or two older. I better not let DW see this or I'll never get any rest. I am going to steal several of these ideas though. I particularly like the top drawer in front of the sink. Thanks for posting.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

ADK Camper

New york

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/21 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My original post showed a drawer added to a galley base cabinet. Since that posting I have modified the drawer to gain some extra storage space.

[image]

Here is a general view of the drawer. Originally it was not as deep as the cabinet because there is a drain pipe running along the back wall. I realized I could make an extension that would ride above the pipe and take advantage of the full depth of the cabinet. The next picture shows the detail:

[image]

Here you can see the little extension at the back of the drawer. The drain pipe (black) can be seen in the background. It's really just a small box screwed to the back of the drawer with enough space below to clear the drain pipe when the drawer closes.

ADK Camper

New york

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/21 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've recently completed another mod:

We experienced temperatures in the 90's on our last camping trip, and the fridge didn't work well. I decided to install a small fan to help ventilate the excess heat from the back of the fridge.

[image]

This is the back of our Dometic Fridge with the mod installed. The various parts are labeled. A thermal switch has been mounted to the accumulator tank with a zip-tie. It turns on at 100F. and off at 85F. Another switch (not shown) has been mounted on the side wall where it is accessible from the inside. It unconditionally shuts off the fan, or if set to ON enables the thermal switch to control the fan. The circuit is protected by a 1 amp in-line fuse/fuse holder in series with the 12 Vdc supply. The fan is a centrifugal fan that draws air in horizontally through the fridge vent and redirects it vertically to cool the condenser located at the top of the fridge. It is simply lashed to the pipe that returns the ammonia to the accumulator tank. The fan only consumes .15 Amp so it has a negligible drain on the battery, and it is very quiet. The total cost was about $25.

[image]

This photo shows the schematic diagram for the mod.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

> Catalog of all my mods
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.