|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2020 northern lite 811 exle wetbath

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Skrnl2020

Sidney, BC

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/21 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just bought a new 2020 northern lite. Left it plugged into the truck last night as we have to shuffled some vehicles before taking it off. Noticed the rear taillights on the camper keep flashing. Is it because I left it plugged into the truck? Or is it some other reason.

cekkk

Southern Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/21 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't don't why the lights flashed, somebody is going to let you know. But you do know that if you leave your trailer plugged into your TV for a long time it will run down your tow vehicle battery if lights or other devices in the camper are in use

'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Skrnl2020

Sidney, BC

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/21 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That makes sense. Thanks! Also does anyone know if or how you can pair the rear view camera on the camper to your truck screen. I have a 2020 gmc Sierra 3500. Or do you have to use the separate screen that comes with the camper?

billtex

RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/21 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Might have to put the fuse in the under hood panel to separate truck from camper. I know this was true in older GM’s.

2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats on the new TC. We've a 10.2 on order and an F350 coming as well.
If I had to guess, pairing a non vehicle spec'd cam with the stock unit probably isn't going to work. BUT, one never knows.
Someone local to us both, who is a former electronics professional, is on YT. "Love Your RV" is his channel. He's a 5'th wheeler, but does lots of reviews, including cameras. He'd be a good guy to ask. Check his YT channel as I believe he's got a link to a website you can PM him. He's very nice and had some good advice for me when buying the new truck. He's wintering up Isl this year as they couldn't get south as usual.
One thing about having the separate screen is you can take it into the camper with you and use it as a security monitor. If you get a knock in the we hours, you know whether to grab your I.D. or the baseball bat. [emoticon]

As for the tail lights. Give NL a shout. They have a reputation for quick responses and caring about after purchase help. I always got in the habit of unplugging the TC with our old one. Had the isolator fail once. They can and do fail so better safe then sorry.
Please post if you find the problem as it's good to know for future readers.

"> 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2020 northern lite 811 exle wetbath
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.