RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: 2 nights required

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/21 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garmp wrote:

when on a time schedule and just need a night over and some stretching time it becomes a real pain.

If you are just crashing for the night, that's not really the target market for busy public parks.

With public parks, it's not just about maximizing profits but maximizing access for the public. A site used only on Saturday likely won't get used the rest of the weekend.

Less busy parks are usually a little more open but as a govt entity, they may follow the letter of the law unlike a private park which can make an exception to the rule.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

IDman

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/21 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can understand the logic of 2 nights on weekends, as far as the park mgmt goes. If I owned/operated an RV park, I would do the same.

HOWEVER...it always galls me to see an empty site when the park sign says FULL. These are people who booked and paid for 2 nights and didn't show up. Park mgmt says "but they paid..."

They have knocked someone else out of using the site!

I think it would be fair to open that site and re-rent it IF the original renter did not show up the first night.

donut dave

Burnett WI

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/21 05:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you are lucky, wisconsin is now 2 night reservation anytime

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/21 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've never had COE parks require 2 nights until this year. Although they are different park than the ones we used before.
I guess COVID changed everything, either directly or indirectly.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/21 10:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our favorite park in San Diego is usually booked solid on the weekends but has room during the week. When we try to plan a trip months ahead of time to spend a week or two it is difficult to find a space for our long trailer due to the weekenders. It gets frustrating even with the two night minimum.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2016 RZR 900

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/21 01:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

Our favorite park in San Diego is usually booked solid on the weekends but has room during the week. When we try to plan a trip months ahead of time to spend a week or two it is difficult to find a space for our long trailer due to the weekenders. It gets frustrating even with the two night minimum.

Those pesky weekenders that have to work Monday thru Friday? How dare they make it frustrating.

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/21 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went to reserve a Sunday night at a NY State Park and when I got to the check out screen it told me I needed to reserve 2 nights ( Sun and Mon) . Didn't fit with my schedule and I wasn't going to pay for something I wasn't going to use. So I booked at a local private CG at less cost than the 2 nights at the State Park.

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/21 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeH wrote:

I went to reserve a Sunday night at a NY State Park and when I got to the check out screen it told me I needed to reserve 2 nights ( Sun and Mon) . Didn't fit with my schedule and I wasn't going to pay for something I wasn't going to use. So I booked at a local private CG at less cost than the 2 nights at the State Park.

I have run into various versions of having to book an extra day. Sometimes you can find an alternative spot or can adapt your schedule.
However often booking an extra day is the easiest solution.
An extra day at state park rates isn't a deal breaker for me vs. rearanging my schedule or staying someplace I don't want to be.
I will often book an extra day just so I can check out later vs. having to be out at check time. I prefer to leave at my leisure vs. leaving before I'm really ready.

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Spade Cooley

Mountain View, AR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/21 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A few years ago we traveled with another couple in our respective rvs. We wanted an overnight stay in a La. state park. The park had plenty of openings but they made us call in to a number off site that charged us for making a reservation.
What a rip off.

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/21 05:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spade Cooley wrote:

A few years ago we traveled with another couple in our respective rvs. We wanted an overnight stay in a La. state park. The park had plenty of openings but they made us call in to a number off site that charged us for making a reservation.
What a rip off.
That is the same thing that happens here in South Dakota. A couple we camp with a lot used to pick an empty site and then have the campground attendant (an employee) book it. The out of state reservation company told the state they couldn't do that anymore, they were losing too much money. So it's probably not the states fault.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.