RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: Dishes for RV

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

 > Dishes for RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
campigloo

Baton Rouge, La

Senior Member

Joined: 06/27/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/03/21 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never broke any of it...but I am not allowed to dry them LOL

Aww shucks!

smarty

new mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 04/23/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/03/21 03:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

paper plates and only paper plates
ain't washin' no stinking dishes
[emoticon]

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

Senior Member

Joined: 08/24/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/03/21 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Corelle and Dixie for us. We mostly use the Dixie, because who wants to do dishes, and they are almost as durable as regular plates.


2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L


Crowe

Merrimack, NH

Senior Member

Joined: 01/29/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/03/21 06:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dieseltruckdriver wrote:

Corelle and Dixie for us. We mostly use the Dixie, because who wants to do dishes, and they are almost as durable as regular plates.


I prefer doing dishes over creating trash.

I also had one dish shatter. If circumstances are just right it will happen. I've also melted plastic dishes. Give me something "indestructible" and I can almost guarantee I can find a way to destroy it LOL!


I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

Senior Member

Joined: 08/24/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/03/21 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

dieseltruckdriver wrote:

Corelle and Dixie for us. We mostly use the Dixie, because who wants to do dishes, and they are almost as durable as regular plates.


I prefer doing dishes over creating trash.

I also had one dish shatter. If circumstances are just right it will happen. I've also melted plastic dishes. Give me something "indestructible" and I can almost guarantee I can find a way to destroy it LOL!

I can appreciate the trash comment, but we have a rear kitchen 5er (actually our second) and have never broken a dish in over eleven years. My DW would probably give you a run for your money on breaking stuff [emoticon]. We do recycle when possible, but again, convenience over manual labor. Also, we live in a forest where loggers make a living for a family, and we aren't using plastic that will not degrade. The trees all turn back to carbon, it is just a matter of when.

I could comment about the paper vs. creating more waste water, but we are all drinking water that dinosaurs peed in. I see it as a wash. (Did you see what I did there? [emoticon] )

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

Senior Member

Joined: 01/29/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/04/21 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dieseltruckdriver wrote:

Crowe wrote:

dieseltruckdriver wrote:

Corelle and Dixie for us. We mostly use the Dixie, because who wants to do dishes, and they are almost as durable as regular plates.


I prefer doing dishes over creating trash.

I also had one dish shatter. If circumstances are just right it will happen. I've also melted plastic dishes. Give me something "indestructible" and I can almost guarantee I can find a way to destroy it LOL!

I can appreciate the trash comment, but we have a rear kitchen 5er (actually our second) and have never broken a dish in over eleven years. My DW would probably give you a run for your money on breaking stuff [emoticon]. We do recycle when possible, but again, convenience over manual labor. Also, we live in a forest where loggers make a living for a family, and we aren't using plastic that will not degrade. The trees all turn back to carbon, it is just a matter of when.

I could comment about the paper vs. creating more waste water, but we are all drinking water that dinosaurs peed in. I see it as a wash. (Did you see what I did there? [emoticon] )


Gee, thanks-now all I am going to think about when I drink water is I'm drinking dinosaur pee LOL!!

The one problem with recycling is paper with food residue on it such as paper plates can't be recycled (or shouldn't be). Correlle makes a line called "Correlle Nature" that is fully recyclable. I hear ya on the convenience, though. I never minded doing dishes because that's when my son and husband would do a "daddy/son" activity and I got a few minutes peace and quiet. I also didn't mind doing laundry for the same reason.

Maybe your DW and I should get together and have a "breaking contest" LOL!

MikeDupont

TX

Full Member

Joined: 11/20/2020

View Profile



Posted: 02/04/21 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use paper also.
Call me Captain Evil if you wish- i really dont care what people think.

ItsyRV

Desert SW

Senior Member

Joined: 10/02/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/04/21 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So CampinHappy, as you can see, on the question of non disposable dish sets, (I believe that was what you were asking about) Corelle is the standout favorite.


1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.


CampinHappy

Odessa, Texas (west Texas)

Senior Member

Joined: 12/22/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/04/21 12:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's not often you seen this level of agreement on these forums [emoticon].

We don't get our trailer till this weekend but we now have a set of Correlle plates and bowls from Wally World.

Now, how about the best way to have a small spice rack? Hmm...any takers [emoticon] ?


CampinHappy
West Texas Region
2021 Premier 29RK, 2017 F-150 pulling it fine
Former covered wagons include:

2007 K-Z Spree 240 BH with triple bunks for my 3 amigos
Formerly a 99 Coleman Niagara PUP
wife version 1.0 (so far ">) 4 boys who have flown the coop ">

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

Senior Member

Joined: 01/29/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/04/21 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MikeDupont wrote:

We use paper also.
Call me Captain Evil if you wish- i really dont care what people think.


Ummm. Quite the chip on your shoulder already! No one is calling you Captain Evil. I don't see anyone judging just presenting different views. We all have our standards as to what we think is acceptable resource use.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

 > Dishes for RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.