|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram 1500 at Load Maximum Woes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's been over 12 hours so I will ask again, what load range are your tires.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of y'all cant just say "Looks nice, have a good day" and move on, can ya?

My main question is are you this overtly critical in the real world, day to day, face to face, or is it just the internet courage that makes your inner antagonist come out?

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And the OP isn't "cutting anything close" on the truck with that dinky @ss camper.
I'm more amazed everyday, although should expect it here, that someone would try to overanalyze the OP's winter prep scheme (especially with the OP clearly exuding his knowledge and skills, not some "what can I tow" newby question), not only from a winter prep standpoint, but to then wrap it back into a weight discussion!

My buddy, thanks to his, umm, princess wife, ended up with a little baby Airstream and he's been relegated to their only personal vehicle being a Volvo wanna be SUV (poor guy, different story).
Similar size and weight to the OP's camper.
I've rode with him. Camper plopped on a hitch on the back of the Volvo, no wdh, and down the road they go. Handles well, stops fine with the remote add on cellphone trailer brakes. Heck, it doesn't even sag too much. It might all loaded up with everything but the kitchen sink for the princess and the kids though.
Point is, it's half the tow rig that a newer Ram 1500 is and it's JUST FINE.

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/21 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

My main question is are you this overtly critical in the real world, day to day, face to face, or is it just the internet courage that makes your inner antagonist come out?

Don't know if it was all that BRIGHT BLUE, that got your panties in a wad. I can't look at it long enough to read much of it. Makes my cataracts throb!

Jerry

mtofell1

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Curious how folks know the OP is not over/under his TV’s ratings...

Because dirt bikes aren't made of foam [emoticon]

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

Don't know if it was all that BRIGHT BLUE, that got your panties in a wad. I can't look at it long enough to read much of it. Makes my cataracts throb!

Jerry

Nothin's in a wad (how d0 you know I wear my wife's underwear though?...).
It's just discouraging to see the same drivel every day. Doesn't matter to a poster like the OP here, because he has a head on his shoulders and obviously understands what he's doing, but the mass proliferation of towing and payload paranoia makes me think some of these folks are sponsored by the UAW, to help keep them in business by getting people to upgrade their vehicles unnecessarily and often!

Just trying to keep it real for the folks who are actually looking for knowledge and not some party line cr@p from people who are exspurts because they bought a camper trailer!

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Yes. It is because I deal in facts.... Not the way I would prefer they be. The way they are.

And having been here a really long time, I know that letting some bad info go unchallenged will result in some newbie reading it and making a mistake. I of course realize that their are different opinions on everything.... But being quiet, or worse saying "Looks good have a nice day" is not the answer.
At least when something is challenged, then the newbie may do some more research before making up his/her mind.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
Full Body Paint, 3, 8K axles, Disc Brakes
17.5 LRH commercial tires
540 watts solar,
2020 Silverado High Country CC DA 4X4 Big Dually.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/21 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^Bit there’s no bad info, no magical light duty $.50 seal that makes the truck lighter duty.
None of that (within reason).
But that’s the difference between those that understand and those that refuse to understand.
It’s a proliferation of paranoia or something on this forum.
Heck the new thread about the guy going to trade up his F150 to 3/4ton diesel to pull his 8k TT around, almost immediately get like 3 different posts about “check the payload on the new truck”, “you should get a 3500 so you’re not overloaded”, etc. And all he was doing was asking if there were any things in particular to look out for with that model of truck. Like reliability stuff. It was already a given that the new truck is more than capable and frankly 1 size larger than necessary.

Given “most” members here are at least old enough to sign up for AARP, at what point in your lives did all of a sudden, newer, more capable trucks become less capable in your minds?
Was it the advent of the internet or some other phenomena?

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/21 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

God Bless ya dawg! Your selfless acts of valor and speaking truth against internet doctorates have saved thousands of families and their victims from flaming RV's flying off of cliffs into bus loads of blind nuns

Bless you!

* This post was edited 02/07/21 08:13am by pitch *

shelbyfv

TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

God Bless ya dawg! Your selfless acts of valor and speaking truth against internet doctorates have save thousands of families and their victims from flaming RV's flying off of cliffs into bus loads of blind nuns

Bless you!
FIFY[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram 1500 at Load Maximum Woes
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.