|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Water hose for fresh water hook up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joelc wrote:

Thanks 2oldman. I usually look things up from past posts, but this time I didn't. Guess I had brain freeze. [emoticon]
I was just at lowes yesterday looking at the zero G on display at the checkout. I think price went down.

Skim over the link. I've needed a hose for months. For me I'm not all mr healthy but i dont trust what plastics appear to be doing to the brain. The zero g is not BPA free and even though I dont drink or cook with trailer water I figure it's best to find a hose that is.

Also not sure how the zero g is affected by heat. Sometimes that is a big contributor to bad chemicals leaching into water.

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best thing I did to make my hoses last longer is put a right-angle fitting on it so when it comes out the side of the RV, the hose drops straight down instead of bending at the coupler.

joelc

Cedar Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OCMan = the leak in this case is coming from the crimp. Not at the point where the coupling swivels. Good point, thanks.

riw999 = I do have a angle and the hose is straight. This particular hose that has the coupling leak is straight and is attached to my filter at ground level.

Lwiddis

Bishop area, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/21 11:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"BUT I only use it to fill up the FW Tank and let the pump do the rest."

Hose failure...water line failure both lead to terrible results. I agree...fill the tank and use the pump.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

QCMan

Independent Republic of Horry

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the crimp is bad there are some good repair ends out there. Google stainless hose ends.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.

joelc

Cedar Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Upon check all suggestions and the hose ratings I came to the conclusion that no matter what hose is purchased it will fail. I had mentioned that I am full-timing and when not traveling I have hose continually hooked up at my site. This is about 6 mo out of the year. It would not be feasible for me to use a tank. I am aware of the repair kits, but the hose that went is a 3' lead hose from the outside faucet to the filter and it would probably cost me more for the repair kit than another hose. Thanks all for your help. I will compare all suggestions and go from there.

doxiemom11

Victoria TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/21 10:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had good luck with the water hoses from Camco. Note I did say hoses. You have to remember that they often lay in the sun which will have an affect on how long they last. We are on our 3rd one in 10 years and are full-time.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Water hose for fresh water hook up
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.