RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: It fits....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> It fits....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tnx for sharing DC , looks great, best of luck. Our full dress BMW was the same color blue, brought back memories, thats how we spent our honeymoon from Maine to the Florida Keys. After 125,000 miles and 15 years, we sold it and bought 6 snowmobiles.
When we sell our snowmobiles we will keep our 8.5 x 12 hybrid ramped SnoPro trailer to use with a new Spyder.
We are the same age and every time we are alone snowmobiling 20-30 miles out in the woods dodging Moose , we ask ourselves “do you think this is really a good idea at our age at minus 10F “ ? Time for a Spyder is getting very close. I will keep our personal locator beacon, the Spyder will find its way to areas without cell service, trust me. Again, tnx for sharing.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 06:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My first bike was a 1983 Honda CX650 (bought used in 1984)
My second bike was a 1984 Honda Magna V65 (bought in 2000)
At age 63, I doubt I would get back into biking, but such a trike (with 2 front tires) would make the most sense at such a time in life.

Thank You Desert Captain for sharing your new experience. I look forward to reading more.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/21 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife has put her foot down, won't allow me to ride my '48 Indian Chief. I still have a Honda Trail 90 that I can carry on a rear rack. Just turned 82.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/21 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This company does a front wheel conversion just like spyder. IMO, rear wheel conversions are less safe.

Tilting Motor Works TRiO kit includes everything you need to convert your Indian. Once equipped with a TRiO™ your iconic Indian will still handle exactly like the classic bike it is, but now with added traction, enhanced stability and better cornering. In addition, two front wheels means better braking and more speed through the curves.

JohninSD

San Diego Ca USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/21 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bordercollie wrote:

My wife has put her foot down, won't allow me to ride my '48 Indian Chief. I still have a Honda Trail 90 that I can carry on a rear rack. Just turned 82.

Is it too late to find a different wife? Or try bachelorhood?

rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/21 07:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bordercollie wrote:

More power to you, my parents stopped riding their CT110s when they were in their early 60s and switched to quads. The 110s sat for many years, and I finally got them running. They were in perfect condition and sold for considerably more than what they cost new in 1984. I'll be happy if I'm still upright at 82, and being able to ride my Harley would be a huge bonus!

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/21 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bordercollie wrote:

My Highschool buddy had the same problem but found a way around it now they both enjoy riding.

Their solution

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/21 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My friend did that conversion last year. It took months and $17k to convert it. It does not handle as well as a spyder , you have to take it slower with the duals on the rear.

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Op here again with an update...

My new {to me} Can Am Spyder has been a hoot to ride but was a bit twitchy especially on the two lane twisties here in the mountains. A little research online indicated that I was a candidate for a Laser Alignment as they come from the factory with a pretty basic set up. About ten days ago I made an appointment at Ride Now Surprise to get the alignment this morning. They booked me for 0900 so I could ride in and wait for it, takes about an hour.

Well ten days ago the forecast was for a morning low in 40's and that posed no problem, I would just bundle up and take full advantage of the heated grips. It is 107 miles from Payson to Surprise but as I was very happy with the deal they made me I committed to coming back to them for service despite there being a couple of closer dealerships. By yesterday afternoon the forecast had changed radically and not in a good way...

They were calling for a low in the upper 20's and the thought of riding in that just was not an option. So yesterday afternoon I hooked up my Ridgeline to the cargo trailer and loaded the Can Am. At 0615 this morning it was 24 degrees and we just rolled out of the driveway, by 830 we were unloading at the dealership after a nice toasty cruise down off the mountain.

Just got home a couple of hours ago, off loaded the Spyder and took it for a test ride... WOW! the difference was day and night. The bike is so steady with way more improvement than I ever had hoped for. The bill was $158 which I was happy to pay.

The point being if you are considering adding a utility trailer to your fleet take a look at cargo trailers and all that they bring to the trailering equation. I find so many ways to use it and use it often. It continues to provide me with options that other trailers simply could not.

Works for me!

[emoticon]

* This post was edited 02/20/21 08:32am by Desert Captain *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> It fits....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.